PDA

View Full Version : First Father's Day- what did you do?

fortato
06-05-2006, 11:42 AM
My husband's first father's day is coming up and I want to do something special for him.
I was a preschool teacher for a long time before I got pregnant, so I know all the usual poems, footprint crafts and things like that, (I'm planning to do them when he is older)
Anyone have anything creative or interesting that you did for your husband's first father's day- or any father's day for that matter?

HELP!!!

Thank you!
Kristen

KBecks
06-05-2006, 11:49 AM
I almost don't remember. We went to the zoo for a family day together. I don't remember if I got him a gift from our son, or if I just did a card.

This year we are going to a petting zoo / farm together, and DS is giving DH a book about "I love my Daddy."

jhrabosk
06-06-2006, 12:50 PM
I'm struggling with this one b/c we're actually not going to be with DD for DH's first father's day! We'll be away at a wedding and DD is staying home with nana & grampa...we won't be home until long after she goes to bed.

I bought a onesie that was on sale at Gap that says something like "my dad's a superhero." If we were going to be home, I'd dress her in it, but I think I'll just give it to him to unwrap.

Other than that and a card, I'm not sure...might keep it that simple for this year.

sidmand
06-06-2006, 01:08 PM
I did the Daddy photos for his first Father's Day, but Photoshopped the letters ('cause DS obviously couldn't hold them then--he was about 2 weeks old!). Also, for the Grandfathers, I made a photo collage and put DS's b-day and the date. It was a big hit and I needed to make them for all the grandmothers too!

Debbie

Mom to Sawyer!
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060607/0/3/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

Lovingliv
06-06-2006, 04:09 PM
I got him a mug with her pic on it from shutterfly....he loves it!

Jo..
06-06-2006, 04:15 PM
I don't know if this idea is stupid or not, but I like it:

You can make a little "I Love Daddy" book full of baby pictures and slogans. With your sense of humor you should be able to come up with some really cute stuff. You can make a 20 page hardcover custom photo book right now for less than $5 shipped. They're very fun to make, you just upload your pics and decid on the captions.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=82&topic_id=24552&mesg_id=24552&page=