PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Quirks

Raidra
06-05-2006, 10:09 PM
What quirky things do your kids do when going to sleep or sleeping?

Colwyn needs to wear a hat when he goes to sleep. When I check on him before I go to bed, I can only successfully remove it half the time.. most of the time he wakes up and demands I put it back on. It doesn't bother me in the cool weather, but when it's hot, it's a real struggle to get him to sleep without it.

He likes to fall asleep with several toys in bed, usually a notebook (like Blues Clues), the Koala Brothers airplane (sometimes with other action figures from the show), what he calls his take off plane and helicopter (the Playmobil 123 toys), five or six Fluffles (his lovey), and the koala he made at Build-a-Bear. He also needs his binky, a sippy cup of water, and the aforementioned hat.

Colwyn also likes to be reassured that there are no bees, bats, or birds in the room. I think this is why he wants to wear a hat.. to protect him from any flying critters that may be lurking somewhere in his room. Pretty sure this stemmed from the time we gave him a short haircut, and the hairdresser used the clippers all over.. which he thought were bees.

Believe it or not, despite these strict requirements, he goes to bed really easily. :)

So what odd things do your kids do/request/need at bedtime?

Wife_and_mommy
06-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Cute thread!

DD likes to be tucked it. This is very strange for me as I was *never* tucked in as a child. DH started this with her and it's continued. She gets covered with her lovey and a blanket even when it's quite warm. I have to admit I feel like I'm on a sitcom when I do it. Silly but true.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]