PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to single moms everywhere...how do you do it?!?

denna
06-06-2006, 01:47 AM
So yesterday I was able to walk a day in a single mothers' shoes (well maybe not an entire SHOE maybe a lil flip flop) :). My DH is working 12-14hr days this week and he leaves the house at about 4-5am. I don't have to be at work until 8am and I have to drop DS off w/ the sitter.
So my DH gets up yesterday morning and says bye to us and leaves. I get up to take a shower and my DS begins to cry. So I proceed to make him a bottle and feed him. He eats a couple of ounces and then is content (at least I think he is). When Im about to be done w/ my shower my DS starts to cry again. So I pick him up and cuddle w/ him for a minute. Then I change his diaper and get him dressed. After he's dressed I put my hair up and then put him in the carseat, then I get dressed and we leave :).
Well after all of this I am late for work. After work the sitter normally meets me near my office because she brings her sons to baseball practice. Well yesterday there was a BIG storm and I of course have no jacket/umbrella (the day was very sunny). So the sitter says she has to go to the grocery store too. So we decide to meet there. She tells me at the grocery store that my DS has had a really bad day, crying spitting up everything he eats etc. Okay so then I go shopping and bring out my DS in the car seat (Britax Companion), the diaper bag and all the groceries. All of this in the pouring rain too.
Once we are home I have to change real quick and start laundry (otherwise me and DH will have NO clothes for work). When I put DS down he cries and cries. I try talking to him and everything..nothing no response. He then cries so hard he literally turns purple. I hold him and soothe him, soon he calms down. Now this was the first day that my DH has not been around to help me since I returned to work and it was SO hard. Today was easier but my DH left a lil later and fed DS before he left while I showered.

So I must say Kudos to all the mom's who do this day after day. Even if there not 'single' mom's kudo's!!!

Thanks for reading this sorry its a lil long :)

Denna