PDA

View Full Version : Need decorating help......

cchavez
06-06-2006, 08:37 AM
We are redoing our master bedroom and I finally found some bedding that I like. The bedding is kind of simple/classic and all sage and green.

We want to paint our bedroom and put up curtains....my question is what color would you paint the walls??? If I went w/ sage/green....the room would be one color.....I don't want that?
Our furniture is cherry wood.....from Thomasville.....not too ornate...very classic. We really want color on the walls and don't want to go w/ a neutral color...i.e. tan.

If anyone has pictures of their sage/green bedroom to share that would be great!

elliput
06-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Terracotta or peach? Peach and sage make a gorgeous combination IMO, and would look great with cherry.

brittone2
06-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Depending on the sage, I like that color with something like RH's Latte.

Our bedding is sagey and tanish, and also has lots of terra cotta in it (sort of a really soft paisley) and I like terra cotta and sage together too.

Mommy_Again
06-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Can you post a picture of your bedding? It might help inspire ideas!

I know you said you didn't want a neutral/tan - but what about a really deep taupe/toffee color?

I am thinking monocromatic might be really dramatic and glam, but it depends on the bedding. You could even go for a shade in the green family, just lighter. Bring in some pops of color with accent pillows.

Butter yellow could be pretty too, and would look nice with the cherry, but again- depends on the bedding.

Or even an icy greyish purple - pale, more lavendar than purple- but with a lot of grey (not Barney!).

HoneymoonBaby
06-06-2006, 10:52 PM
I think pale blue walls would look really fresh with sage green right now, but you'd have to add some blue throw pillows (navy blue would be nice) on your bed and some artwork with those colors in it to tie it together.