PDA

View Full Version : Korean Mamas - ? re: 100 days celebration

Java
06-07-2006, 04:44 PM
We've been invited to my friend's 100 days celebration for her son. What is the gift giving etiquette - if any?

My friend said please no gifts but I'd like to bring something - whether it's for the family or the little guy. Toys, food, flowers, clothes, money... what?? I don't want to offend her but I hate to come empty handed.

Thanks!

deenass
06-07-2006, 04:48 PM
What about making a donation in the child's name to celebrate the occassion?

I am partial to Boundless Playgrounds to honor kids.

Usually when people say no gifts, they mean it.

Java
06-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Good idea about the donation.

I'm thinking the reason she requested no gifts is because she invited a few of our mom friends who are not Korean and she didn't want us to feel obligated.

wencit
06-07-2006, 07:54 PM
I just checked with my mom, and she said there is no particular gift giving etiquette for the 100 days celebration. If you hate to go empty handed, just bring a small toy or clothing for the baby. I'm sure it will be appreciated, no matter what.

kelly ann
06-07-2006, 09:11 PM
DH is Korean and for the 100 day birthday the children usually received money or gold rings. However, other relatives on DHs side also gave clothes & toys as well. If you really want to respect the "no gifts" request, then I would bring something for your friend...like flowers or maybe a nice frame for her son's 100 day birthday photo.