PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on where to buy simple moses basket bedding

mariza
06-07-2006, 05:11 PM
I found a Moses basket at a local shop for $13 and was wondering where I can get bedding to go with it without spending a fortune.
Will a bassinett mattress fit the basket? Also looking for bumper and matching sheets.
I've looked everywhere for cute bedding, I saw some PBK Moses basket bedding sets on Ebay, but they were more then I really want to spend. I could buy an outfitted basket for the same price. Any suggestions?

Wife_and_mommy
06-07-2006, 07:32 PM
This happened to me when I was pg with dd. I was never able to find bedding and it wasn't worth it to have iy made. I hope you have better luck!

btw, i use it to contain items on a closet shelf now.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

mariza
06-07-2006, 07:52 PM
I know they aren't practical in the long run, but it seems to solve my dilemma (for a short time at least). DS is due in late August and DD will only be 19 months when he arrives. DH and I don't think she's ready to move out of her crib just yet. I looked at bassinetts, but most only hold 15lbs and I hate having extra baby stuff around, what to do with it after?
So, I though we could use the Pack n Play for DS for a little while until we decide if DD is ready to move on, or if we need to just buy another crib.
My Mom lives downstairs, so I thought having DS sleep in the basket (placed in the PNP) would be a good idea if I ever needed to bring him downstairs if he's asleep. I'll probably just skip the fancy bedding and have just the basket, mattress pad and sheet. I don't want to spend more than $35-40 total, and worst case scenario, if I find it's not practical I'll give it to DD to play with when she gets a little bigger.

Momof3Labs
06-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Bassinet mattresses won't fit. I'm not sure where you'll find bedding cheap, honestly. And not sure if it is worth having it made; DS1 outgrew his moses basket within a few weeks because it just wasn't roomy enough for him.

Wife_and_mommy
06-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Hmmmm...I see your reasoning. In all honesty, if your DD will only be 19 months, I'd buy another crib. 19M is pretty young not to be in a crib. You will LOVE having a secure place for her to sleep when you have two...*trust* me. ;)

As for the bassinet, you could try consignment shops and check on kids' sales. I saw a really nice one last year for only $22. It was nicer than the one I had but I didn't need two. Also, check with friends who might have one to borrow maybe? Garage sales, classifieds...As you said, bassinets are used for such a short time.

I hope you're able to figure it all out. Congrats to you! :)

Wife_and_mommy
06-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Hmmmm...I see your reasoning. In all honesty, if your DD will only be 19 months, I'd buy another crib. 19M is pretty young not to be in a crib. You will LOVE having a secure place for her to sleep when you have two...*trust* me. ;)

As for the bassinet, you could try consignment shops and check on kids' sales. I saw a really nice one last year for only $22. It was nicer than the one I had but I didn't need two. Also, check with friends who might have one to borrow maybe? Garage sales, classifieds...As you said, bassinets are used for such a short time.

I hope you're able to figure it all out. Congrats to you! :)