PDA

View Full Version : Strep and Red Ears

jayali
06-07-2006, 05:18 PM
DS was diagnosed with strep yesterday. The doctor was surprised when the quick test came back positive b/c his throat wasn't really red. He hasn't had a fever, just a "prickly" type rash. The rash seems to be almost all gone, but his ears are really fiery red, just on the outside. He says they don't hurt him but they are hot and he says itchy. Yesterday, at the doctor, she checked his ears for infection and they were fine. These red ears seem to happen at teh same time of night and I have only noticed it since he hasn't been feeling well. Does strep present with red ears? Crazy, huh?

TIA

'

alleyoop
06-07-2006, 06:09 PM
I am not sure about red ears, but when my son got it a couple months ago he had the whole body rash, a headache and tummy ache. My Ped said that any time kids say that thier tummy and head hurt, it is almost always strep. I am thinking it is a crafty little bug!! A crafty little bug that made the rounds of our entire family TWICE before we got rid of it. Make sure you throw his toothbrush after he has been on antibiotics a couple days.

Good Luck and hope his ears feel better tommorrow~