PDA

View Full Version : OT- another jeans question

Lynnie
06-08-2006, 11:13 AM
I need your fashionista help - I think I may know the answer, but having been fashion-clueless the last decade or so, I need some help: are those jeans with the embroidery and embellishements out ? I saw a bunch of dkny ones at nordstrom rack, (called soho jeans) and a pair fit really great. IF they are not completely "out" I could see myself wearing them out to south beach or something. If they are out, I'd rather not wear them. Generally, I stick to more classic stuff, and don't care so much about being technically in or out. But when you have stuff all over your jeans, its not that classic, or subtle a thing, iykwim

Thanks !

Lynnie
06-08-2006, 01:45 PM
so, does no reply mean I can keep them and not look like a total dork ??

they are still in ?? or at least on the fence ??

that would be great !! (I get out to shop so incredibly infrequently.... this stuff is a big deal for me. So depressing when I can't find anything to wear to go out.)

dhano923
06-08-2006, 01:49 PM
I think it depends on how much stuff they have and where it is. LOL I live in So. CA and people wear somewhat embellished jeans, but they aren't the flashy rhinestone type (unless you're Jessica Simpson or something LOL).

I have some awesome DKNY jeans with embellishing on the back pockets -- it's denim on denim, so it's very subtle but it adds a nice touch. I got them at Nordstrom 3-4 months ago (needed cute post baby jeans).

Maybe you could show us a pic of the jeans you are thinking about?

crl
06-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Well, I have a pair with flowers on them from this winter. I bought them at JJill. They've come out with more styles with embroidery since then. So, I guess they are not totally out of style. Hope not, since I'm still wearing mine!

emily_gracesmama
06-08-2006, 07:18 PM
I tend to wear what I like, but that being said, I went summer shopping at this boutique a few weeks ago and I mentioned to the owner that the jeans I bought there in the fall with the sequins on the back pockets were a pita because they left little sequins on my sofa and I didn't wear them often because of that. And she tells me oh well they are out of fashion now anyway. So that's a "professional's opinion."