PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day presents for Grandpas?

skipperlou
06-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Hello, all. Does anyone have any suggestions for Father's Day presents for the Grandpas? I have a 5 year old, 1 1/2 year old and 4 month old. We prefer homemade presents (obviously the 4 month old isn't helping!). We colored blank paper fans for Mothers Day for the Grandmas so I feel like we have to do something for the Grandpas. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

TIA!
Lara

overcome
06-09-2006, 02:45 PM
I got a mousepad with my DD picture on it (all the online photo places have them), a collage picture frame from ACMoore filled with pics of DD and my dad, a #1 Grandpa Tshirt from target, and some books about Grandpas (do a search on Amazon or http://www.bookcloseouts.com )that he could read to her when she is at their house (with an inscription from DD via me!). Not home made, but still hearfelt!

HTH!
Ashley

lmintzer
06-09-2006, 02:59 PM
We actually did something similar to the D-A-D-D-Y photos for my dad a few years ago. My kids call him Papa, so we did pictures of Jack (Joshua wasn't born yet) holding the letters
P-A-P-A. He absolutely loved it!

kimbe
06-10-2006, 03:53 PM
For the grandpa's we are going to get them plain white polo shirts and put DD's handprint where a logo would go.

Maybe they could color them T-shirts?

HTH

shilo
06-11-2006, 12:25 AM
i did foot prints for the grandparents at christmas. we did a single footprint in the middle of the t-shirt for the grandpa's with his name and the year down the outside of the foot. for the grandma's we did apron's with the two footprints making the heart (heels together) in I LOVE Grams/Gramma. you can pick up both tshirts and apron's at michaels. just make sure you put a piece of cardboard or newspaper between the layers of the shirt if you go that route. oh, and it's kind of a two person job (one to hold and one to print the foot) for non walkers - probably for the 1 1/2 yr. old as well, dunno. anyway, one footprint of each in a decending row (biggest to smallest) would be really cute IMO.

lori

Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

kimbe
06-11-2006, 02:50 AM
That is SUCH a cute idea!

And ITA -- and kind of child prints are a two person job!!!!

skipperlou
06-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the great ideas. I really like the apron footprint heart idea...I'll have to remember that for Mother's Day next year!

I'm still not sure what we'll make. We did t-shirts last year and hats a previous year. Maybe a foam project.

Thanks again!
Lara