PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE - Daddy or Dad pics? Please help me choose!

ciaobella
06-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Update - Well, even though it seems pretty tied, I am now leaning towards Daddy simply because my DH prefers that term. So, I played around in photoshop and came up with this new photo, fixing some of the things I didn't like in the last version and personalizing it. Thank you so much for taking the time to look and vote - BBB is always a great sounding board ... and yes, my DH LOVES Hawaiian shirts! Edited to remove old photos.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34123.jpg

mommyoftwo
06-10-2006, 10:58 PM
I see what you mean about the D picture, but I actually really like the Y picture. I love how you made a photo collage with your picture. I don't have any photoediting software to do something like that, but I think it's really cute. I would still go with the DADDY picture even though you might not like some of the pictures as much as other. JMO

MamaKath
06-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Both are really really really cute!!! My preference is the DADDY one as it shows more of the current toddler character of your son- something that you are celebrating on Father's day iykwim. I LOVE the idea though it is so cute!!! May I ask which photo editing software you used? I need to get some new, this might just inspire it. :-)

lkarp
06-11-2006, 05:00 AM
I really like the Daddy version as well. It really shows his different moods. You may want to play with the lighting/exposure some on that third "D" with your editing software to make it match the other letters better. Otherwise, I think it is great!

ciaobella
06-11-2006, 08:04 AM
Thanks, ladies! I am probably going to have to spend an hour and carefully redoing the collage with my final choice as there are a couple of things that are bothering me, but I usually throw something together first before trying to perfect it to see if I am going to like it at all, iykwim! :)

I used Photoshop Elements -- I love this program!! I lassoed my DS out of each picture using a 20% feather effect so that it would not be a harsh cut and then I dropped each picture onto a black background. Once on the black background you can erase extra background that may have come with the original photo (you have to select each photo individually to do this). Again, use an eraser that has a feather effect so the lines are not harsh. You can size them, etc. on this background, just make sure that you hold the proportions constant. I did this last year too, and loved the result, but he was sitting down and far more cooperative at 11 months than he was this year at almost 2!

Thanks again!

dr mom
06-11-2006, 09:31 AM
I like the Daddy pic, but both are cute. That first D with DS playing peek-a-boo is adorable. :)

Last year my DS was so uncooperative that all I managed to get was D-A-D so that's what we did. We had a frame with 5 spaces from LNT so I bought an inkpad and made handprints to go in either end and fill in the spaces.

Wife_and_mommy
06-11-2006, 12:16 PM
I chose Daddy but they're both awesome!! Great job. :)

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

ciaobella
06-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Great idea about adding the hand prints -- we are still trying to figure out what to do for our fathers ... and they almost always get something from the little man instead of from us!

mommyoftwo
06-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Absolutely adorable! I'm sure your DH will love it. Great job with the editing.

KBecks
06-11-2006, 04:25 PM
You did a great job putting this together! They both are really cool. :)

I'm too chicken to try this! It's so hard to get good shots of DS!

cbm
06-12-2006, 11:56 AM
I didn't see the first one, but I like what you have up there.
You did a great job. I am sure your DH will love it.

Claudia
DS 12/18/04

lmintzer
06-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Love the final DADDY collage. It looks great. Your model is adorable, and you did a fabulous job laying it out! I'm sure dh will love it!