PDA

View Full Version : NO MORE RETURNS AT TRU with out reciept

kayleesmom
06-11-2006, 01:57 PM
starting june 12th no more returns allowed at TRU with out a dated reciept. No more exchanges

JTsMom
06-11-2006, 05:07 PM
That is totally ridiculous.

dhano923
06-11-2006, 07:02 PM
I was doing a return last month and the store manager was assisting me. She mentioned that the policy was changing this month and I said "wow, that's too bad!". She said the memo that was sent to all the managers basically said that too many customers are buying toys on Amazon or eBay on sale or with a coupon and then returning them at TRU to get the full retail price. They have no way of knowing whether the item actually came from their store or not but the company is losing a lot of money by giving all these refunds for toys they didn't sell in the first place.

So I guess they didn't have a choice -- I definitely understand the policy from a business point of view. Too bad all those dishonest people ruined it for the rest of us.

newnana
06-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I'm glad that wasn't the case after my baby shower. I had a bunch of duplicates of some things, especially clothes, without gift receipts. I was lucky enough to be able to exchange all that for ALL the essentials like a crib mattress and diapers, but I can't imagine what new moms will do now. Keep the gifts I guess :)
Michelle