PDA

View Full Version : Any Daddy pics tips for tired moms of toddlers?!

bubbaray
06-12-2006, 12:19 PM
OK, so I have the letters, have a couple of frames (still no 5 pic frame, but I can use a 4 pic frame with her name or a 3 pic frame with DAD).

What I most definitely do NOT have is a cooperative model. Sigh. I did the first round to digital photos this morning. They are being printed right now (don't like our home printer for this), but I'm not optimistic. I am going to try round 2 this afternoon (maybe outside?) with a 35mm camera.

Any tips on best backgrounds, best way to get the child to hold the letter so its visible (and not play air guitar with it?!). To get them to look at you and smile once they are holding the letter properly????

Any help would be most appreciated!

Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

ctmom
06-12-2006, 12:33 PM
the way I got my 2yo to hold the picture was to tell her to show it to the camera so she put it out in front of her. I also had her show it to the clouds so she held it up high. We did the pictures this morning outside, in front of some flowering bushes. I didn't have much hope in getting both the girls to cooperate for a Daddy pic so we just did DAD. BTW, where did you get a 3 pic frame and what size is it? I'm having a hard time finding one that isn't a wall mounted (big) one.

Thanks!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

karolyp
06-12-2006, 12:50 PM
My DD found it quite amusing to throw the letters across the floor, and I was not getting anywhere with my pics until I read in an earlier thread to put stickers on the back. I did this and it worked and I was able to get a few shots of her before she tore off the sticker and started playing with that. So then I wrapped a rubber band the letter and that also got her attention on it. And, my neighbor helped me distract/pose her too so I could get more shots in. But my DD is 15 months old, so these tips might not work if your DC is older.

Anyhow I hope this helps and good luck to you as I know this can be tough!!!

bubbaray
06-12-2006, 01:06 PM
I got it at Linen's N Things (in Canada). Its a wall mounted one, though.

Thanks for the tips.... will try them this afternoon!

HTH

Melissa

bubbaray
06-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Ah, stickers. Great idea!

Thanks.

Melissa

jgriffin
06-12-2006, 06:10 PM
No idea how to get a cooperative model. :) E is not smiling in his pictures. Sometimes he is eating the letter. Sometimes he is eating something else with the letter resting against him. But this is the way he is, so I figure it'll work.

But, I did find a nice 5 photo frame at Ikea.

Jen

HHCs Mom
06-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the tips, ladies! We took several rounds of pictures with our letters and probably only 2 of them are good enough to be used. I'll try the sticker trick tomorrow. A friend of mine borrowed my letters this morning to do her own pictures and quickly realized how difficult this job is! She soon understood why I'd been procrastinating about taking the pictures ---- it is so hard with a 2 year old who throws the letter down and runs away! :P

DH had better REALLY love his Father's Day gift! }(

Kim
~ mama to a sweet boy named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

Jen841
06-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Photo Shop/Picture It...... add the letters later with software to your favorite pictures and return the letters! I do this all the time for Thank You's etc.