PDA

View Full Version : anybody been to a bliss spa?

cchavez
06-12-2006, 04:54 PM
was it great? worth the cost? tia!

bcky2
06-12-2006, 07:35 PM
hmmmm, never have been or heard of them. is it like a normal spa or is it something special. i would love a spa day, ok a spa week ;)

ctc221
06-12-2006, 09:11 PM
I go every once in a while when I need a treat for myself. I've only been to the one in Soho. I really like that everything seems pretty clean and sterile; for example, for waxing, they never double-dip the wooden sticks and throw away each one after use. For that reason alone, I always go there for bikini waxes. I've also had facials and massages which were good. The one service I will not go back for are nails (mani/pedi); not that they weren't good, but just ridiculously overpriced. Again, all the instruments were sterile, but I guess I rather take a chance and go to my neighborhood salon and get 5 pedi's for the price of 1 at Bliss.

HTH!

AC

DD 02/02
DS 11/04

JenfromWI
06-13-2006, 08:10 AM
I was at the one in Soho too- 5 years ago. I got in last-minute for a facial and it was wonderful. I also had the best eyebrow wax/shaping ever. I remember that the esthetician offered me a specialty mask during my facial- I agreed to it and it cost extra. I don't think she told me this ahead of time. If you decide to go, enjoy!

jhrabosk
06-13-2006, 06:31 PM
I go to the one on 57th Street in the W Hotel to get my brows done. It's my little splurge...and worth every penny! The woman I go to is amazing and it barely hurts. Last time, she did my upper lip for free, too. I have a friend who's had the betweeny wax (bikini wax that's not QUITE a brazilian) and she said they did a great job.

I've never gotten nails done there, but I have at another fancy place and I agree with the pp, I doubt it's worth the extra money. I'll take my $30 pedi and the place across from my office any day.

Never had a spa treatment, but I bet it would be heaven!