PDA

View Full Version : DD still having wet burps but no pain. Is this still reflux??

cdlamis
06-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Sorry for another reflux question but I can't seem to find this answer anywhere else. DD has always had wet burps- with or without her Zantac. She has not been spitting up at all but did tonight for the first time in a long time- it smelled like vomitt, not just extra milk.

About a month ago, I reduced her Zantac dose by half and it didn't seem to affect her at all. She has been doing great- no pain from what I can tell, she is sleeping through the night, etc. BUT, she still has those wet burps. Can this be just something that she does or is it definitely from reflux? In other words, are wet burps a definite sign of reflux? I hate to play around with reflux because I know that it can have lasting damage. But now I am not sure she even has reflux and needs her meds.

Thanks for any suggestions! I am so confused by all of this!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6/02
and Bella 12/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

JMarie
06-15-2006, 07:31 AM
It's been a LONG while, but DS used to have these. They ended around 10 months old, though. The opening between his stomach and esophagus wasn't well developed, which caused the wet burps. We knew it wasn't reflux because of the lack of other symptoms. I'm sorry that's not a ton of information, it's just been so long!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

bcky2
06-15-2006, 07:42 AM
my ped said that with reflux meds the wet burps will not go away. that is not the intent of them. they are just to take away the pain. i would check with the ped about taking dd off to see if she stays pain free, we did this with ds #1 and #2 at some point or another to see if they were better. hth!