PDA

View Full Version : Men's skincare lines, what do you like or wish you could find?

Dcclerk
06-15-2006, 04:11 PM
I would not classify my DH as a metrosexual :P He is not one to spend much time on his appearance (though he looks very nice to me :) ). He just uses whatever soap, shaving cream, lotion, etc., I managed to purchase somewhere. However, I've noticed that there are a number of men's lines of skincare products that have come out recently and I'm thinking of getting him some products for Father's Day.

Have you bought any that you and/or your DH really likes? And what is it that you like about it?

Anything that you think I should stay away from?

I have no idea if something like these exist, but I'm thinking of seeing if there is some manly lotion with sunblock for the face, something soothing after shaving, and maybe something that would help fight off a rash type of thing that he seems to get when he is stressed.

TIA!

BeachBum
06-15-2006, 05:20 PM
I bought DH Origins and he liked the products, but for cheaper stuff we use Nivea Men.

kijip
06-15-2006, 05:51 PM
>I would not classify my DH as a metrosexual :P

There's no shame in it ;) I'll take a man who knows how to look nice over a man I have to remind to shower any day of the week!

However, this kind of strikes me like a gift that he might not be into. If he is used to using whatever is around, maybe he won't want to change? MAybe he won't see the point? Or like the 3 step systems? I am big on getting people gifts that they are really going to like which is why I end up buying dumb stuff like fancy tweezers, skin lotions, hipster ties and the like for my *very* metrosexual husband...because he actually really wants them. LOL. ETA: All of that aside, I am pretty sure J uses that mens Clinique stuff and he has fabulous skin. However, I am not entirely sure because I don't pay all that much attention...I can't be described as metrosexual, :)