PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Mineral makeup & travel

Thatchermom
06-15-2006, 05:27 PM
With all the new converts there are so many questions!

I am loving my new Everyday Minerals BUT figuring out how to travel with them is not working out! We travel nearly 7 weeks between late spring & early fall, so this is a big issue for me, and a big part of my decision to make the switch to minerals (lighter to carry/neater).

After our first trip, though, I'm just not sure. How do you travel with this stuff without half of the product coming above the sifter in the jar? It was lovely sitting on my bathroom counter, never a mess, but opening those jars after packing them...ooh what a mess! Took forever to tap/shake it all back under the sifters.

Help!

UPDATE: Got a response from EM, and very quickly, too! I've seen these kinds of brushes on Ebay from other companies. Anyone ever use one? What did you think?

From Everyday Minerals email: I do agree, the makeup does not travel too well. The company is working on creating a "travel dispenser brush" that will hold your favorite foundation and just dispenses as you apply. This will not only be good for travelling but for carrying in your purse as well. They are working on this right now.. so check back in a couple of weeks and we will give you a status update on the new travel brush.

firsttimemommy
06-15-2006, 07:35 PM
I use to put a piece of packing type tape or even masking or duct tape over the sifter holes of my loose powder containers (same type of container, right?) so it wouldnt spill out and usually the tape lasted for the trip being pulled off and put back a few times :) (you could always take extra)

I say "used" to b/c we dont travel anymore...sigh....LOL!

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes........that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes."

slr
06-15-2006, 09:17 PM
You should write to their customer service and see what they say. It is a good question. I had written to them with questions after using their samples and they were very responsive. If they don't have an answer right now, maybe they will come up with some idea and incorporate it in their packaging in the future.

sdjeppa
06-15-2006, 11:47 PM
I put tape over the holes...and if you have eye color/eye liner powder, a contact lens case works great :).

Thatchermom
06-16-2006, 01:29 AM
I'm so used to this being the place for all answers - I never thought to ask the company! Thanks for the great idea!

hudsonam
06-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Sorry to hijack your post, but can anyone tell me if there's much of a difference between Everyday Minerals and Bare Escentuals? I have the latter, but once it runs out, I'd be more than happy to use something less expensive (I think it's less expensive, right?). Thanks!

Anne Marie

slr
06-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Please post their response if you do write them. I'm sure a lot of people, including me, would be very interested in what they say. I'm getting ready to order my full size products soon, so I was wondering how do they arrive? Did you have the same problem when you first got your order?

Thanks!

slr
06-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Sorry double post.

lvales
06-16-2006, 09:33 AM
EM doesn't have the bismuth that BE does - some people are sensitive to that and it makes them itch.

Also, EM is available in three finishes - Original Glo (like BE), Semi-matte and matte. From what I've heard the colors are comparable to BE, and they have matches for Glee, True and Warmth. They are also going to be coming out with a fuller coverage formula at some point.

And EM is less than 1/2 the price of BE. $12 for same size foundation, less if you get a kit.

Thatchermom
06-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Nope - they put cool little stickers over the sifters for shipment. Of course, I was so excited to get them I threw the stickers away. Wonder if they would have worked a few times or if the powder would have taken away all their sticky?