PDA

View Full Version : lawn mower help needed!

jess_g
06-16-2006, 10:27 AM
I just bought a new gas powered lawn mower, got everything setup and I could not get the thing to start! I am so disapointed. This is the only free time I have for the next week without the kids and I can't do one thing right! Does anyone have one that can give me some advice on what I am doing wrong. I pushed the primer 3 timea (are you supposed to hold it in for a few seconds each time)? and then held the bar on the handle towards me while pulling the pull cord to start it but I don't hear a sound! I must be doing something wrong but this is what the directions say too do. I wonder if I am just not strong enough! I will ask my husband to help me tonight but if I can't get it than I doubt he will either. And yes I checked and the gas is filed to the top like it is supposed to be.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jessica.

mommyoftwo
06-16-2006, 10:32 AM
We had that problem with our lawn mower. When we got it, it would take 30 trys or more to get it started. First of all, we always have to prime it way more than is suggested. But the thing that really made a difference it to have the spark plugs adjusted. Fortunately, we live next door to a mechanic who took care of it for us. He said that they don't check to make sure everything is adjusted properly in the factory after they install them. There was nothing wrong with the spark plugs, they just weren't aligned properly. So I don't know if that is your problem but that is what happened with us. Hope you figure it out soon.

Jo..
06-16-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't know if this is your problem, but it's worth a shot. It just happened to us last week, dh couldn't start ours. I yelled out the window for him to press the primer button and he said he did. I told him to press it more, I always had to press it 7-11 times!!! He did and it started right up! It's an easy fix if it works for you.