PDA

View Full Version : OT: Swiffer Sweeper Vac -- does it work?

chrissyhowie
06-18-2006, 12:41 AM
Totally OT, but does anyone have that new Swiffer Sweeper Vac? After cleaning up couscous dumped on the floor by Sophie, I was fantasizing about owning it as I was crawling around with my broom and dustpan x(.

Does the Sweeper Vac actually work? My knees and back are SO hoping it does LOL.

cmdunn1972
06-18-2006, 06:10 AM
Chrissy, I hope someone jumps on here to answer your question because I'm dying to know too! :) (Things are slower here on weekends, though, so we might have to wait until Monday.)

For me, swiffering my floors is a three-step process. First, I use a standard long-handled broom and dustpan to get the big and heavy stuff. Then, I use the dry Swiffer to get the pet hair. Finally, I use the WetJet to mop.

HTH! :)

Anyone out there with Sweeper Vac experience? :)

mommyoftwo
06-18-2006, 06:47 AM
I have the swiffer sweep 'n vac and really like it a lot. Unfortunately, it just started acting up and isn't sucking properly now and I'm not sure what the problem is. I've had it less than a year so that is frustrating. I haven't had a chance to really look at it though so maybe I can figure it out. Things I like about it are the fact that you can sweep up the big stuff and catch the dust with the swiffer cloth. It's got a rechargable battery so you aren't wasting batteries and it doesn't need to be plugged in to use. Things I don't like are the fact that the compartment for holding the stuff you sweep up isn't very big at all so if you have a mess like spilled cereal you are probably going to have to empty it out before the mess is cleaned up. You sometimes have to manuever it a bit to get it to suck up the big stuff. You can't just vacuum over the area and expect to pick up all the big stuff. You might have to lift it up and place the suction area directly over the things that need to be sucked up. That being said, I really like ours and if I can't get mine working, I'll buy a new one.

COElizabeth
06-18-2006, 08:11 AM
Ga! I don't know, but isn't couscous a pain to clean up? There are occasions when I reject the idea of serving it for dinner just because I know it gets everywhere and sticks!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
and Charlotte, 11-04-04

daisymommy
06-18-2006, 11:04 AM
LOVE IT!!! I have two, one for the upstairs, one for downstairs.

I also like my Shark vac, which costs 3x more, unless you have a coupon for Bed-Bath-and-Beyond. BUt it picks up bigger pieces of junk, and can be used on carpets (unlike the Swiffer).

lisams
06-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Have one and love it!

bcky2
06-18-2006, 11:36 AM
i also have one and love it. after i do the dry cloth with the vac i then put a wet swiffer cloth on and mop the floor.

chrissyhowie
06-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Yep, totally agree on what a major pain couscous is to clean up! Ms. Picky Eater Chloe actually likes it though, and she's a neat eater. Ms. I-Eat-Anything Sophie, on the other hand, doesn't really care for it and certainly let me know it LOL!