PDA

View Full Version : OT- Saw something really cool today...

MamaKath
06-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Would have been pefect if it had been Mother's Day but it was one of those "You'll probably only see this once in your life..." moments!!! We were headed to church and as we passed a field I saw a deer up ahead in it, next to the road. I slowed down to take a look (it was on the left hand side, so out my window). I realized it was a doe standing very still. Under her was her fawn. The fawn was nursing. I made a u-turn to go back for the kids to see. They were completely amazed!!! It was so beautiful!!!!

My ds (4 yo) kept saying "Look it is having na-nas!" Na-nas was our word for nursing, and he just said it with the sweetest simplicity. DD (7 yo) started into a deeper path "Why is it nursing? Couldn't it have a bottle? What other animals nurse? If only mammals nurse, what about reptiles? Could reptiles nurse if they wanted to?" Interject my responses in between each question, lol. The last answer was no. ;-)

Anyway that was our "You'll probably only see this once in your life..." moment! When I called my dad, I told him. His response... "I have only ever seen that once in my lifetime!" :-)

elliput
06-18-2006, 09:51 PM
That is really cool. It is not often that we get to experience nature in such a wonderful manner.

lisams
06-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Awwww! What a sweet moment (and educational for the kiddos!)