PDA

View Full Version : EBATES???

Tondi G
06-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Whats the deal? Is it worth signing up for?

thanks
~Tondi

mommyoftwo
06-19-2006, 05:21 PM
The rebates used to be larger than they are now, but it's still a pretty good deal. You don't have to do anything besides go through their website to get to the store you are going to shop from. My first check was over $28 because of christmas purchases and referrals. I haven't had much extra junk mail from it so I highly recommend it.

P.S. I'm sending you an email.

crl
06-19-2006, 05:23 PM
I think it's worth it. All you have to do is sign up and go through the site when you shop. I've probably gotten about $40 to $50 back in six months or so. Not a ton of money, but it's really easy to do.

set81616
06-19-2006, 08:03 PM
It's nice to get a little something back. If you can use someone's email as a referral they get 5 dollars. I used someone's from this board when I signed up. You can use mine if you don't already have someone but it;s nice when you have a friend or family to do it for. Sometimes you can get gift certs for places you go anyway and then you get money back that way.
Shannon

DebbieJ
06-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Yep, it's worth it!

When you buy $1000 worth of blinds, even that little 3% helps!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

kellyotn
06-19-2006, 11:07 PM
I've been happy. All you have to do is shop starting at their site. Most of the time (with my purchases anyways), I can find the best price overall at an ebates retailer, plus get a bit back.

I've personally have seen no downside. (ie, no spam, no bait and switch, no problems actually getting the rebates, reputable retailers, etc.)

MarisaSF
06-19-2006, 11:12 PM
It's the greatest! I don't see a downside. It's kind of like "You might as well." That is, if you keep in mind that the goal is to buy things you need at a discount, not just 'cuz you can get 5% back or whatever. :)