PDA

View Full Version : Travel advise

carriepepper
06-20-2006, 12:01 AM
Hello I need some travel advise for an umpcoming trip to Atlanta. My first question is regarding traveling on America West Airlines. In know that Southwest is really great with allowing you to bring on your carseat if there is an empty seat on the plan when you are traveling with an infant. Has anyone had experience with America west with this? My second question is regarding Atlanta's public transportation. We are planning on taking the train from the airport to downtown and then using the bus to get around downtown. Is this fairly easy? The website said there were no changovers. Also on that same note am I correct in assuming that you don't use a carseat on the train or bus? I am trying to decide on wether we should even bring the carseat or just leave it in the car. Thanks in advance for the advice. Carrie

miki
06-20-2006, 07:45 AM
The one time I flew America West with DD as an infant, one of the airline staff came out from behind the counter and circulated amongst the passengers to tag everything that could be gate checked. When I asked about bringing the carseat (DD did not have a purchased seat and the flight was not full), she told me she would tag the carseat just in case because the flight attendants had the final say and it was rather arbitrary whether they would be ok with it. I ended up having no problem and did not need to gate check the carseat.

Zansu
06-20-2006, 01:49 PM
America West and US Air are completing their merger, so you will actually be flying US Air.

IME, America West is generally helpful (no experience with US), but it always depends on the individual you're dealing with at the time.

carriepepper
06-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the info. Anyone have experience with public transportation?

cmo
06-20-2006, 08:52 PM
The train from the airport to downtown should not be a problem. As far as getting around downtown, it depends on where you want to go and where you will be starting from. Can you give a few more details about that? Some things are quite walkable, some are more of a stretch and the bus may not be the best choice.