PDA

View Full Version : How did you announce the birth of your child to family?

cca
06-20-2006, 06:22 PM
I know this topic was discussed in depth some months ago ....but i can't find the thread.
When I was pregnant w/ dd we had sent flowers to family saying "congraulation, grandma grandpa etc I'll be arriving ~00/00"

I'm trying to figure out what to do now that we're expecting dc#2. Any ideas would be appreciated :)

TIA

-chetna

deenass
06-20-2006, 07:03 PM
A friend of mine got her DD a t-shirt that said "I have some big news" on the front and on the back said "I'm going to be a big sister"

Her DD wore it to a family picnic, maybe you could take a pic of your older one and email or send it out?

Jenn98
06-20-2006, 08:03 PM
We sent this photo in an email. It was really funny to see who didn't actually read the silly shirt! We got losts of great responses. (Oh, and I found the shirt on cafepress)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34355.jpg

Aunt to sweet baby boy
06-20-2006, 09:46 PM
On another board that i belong to a bunch of people made a video montage with their first child and the last picture was a page saying, baby due xx.xx.xx. it was so beautiful. I love the picture idea also.

My aunt was pregnant and it was going to be the 12th grandchild so she took an empty egg carton and put pieces of paper with each childs name and then on the last piece she wrote the due date of the child to be. It was also very cute, so exciting!

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/060403/hfNw.jpg[/img]http://b2.lilypie.com/h2bbm7/.png[/img][/url]

HannaAddict
06-21-2006, 01:32 AM
Your little one is absolutely adorable!!! That is a great picture!!

Kimberly

denna
06-21-2006, 01:39 AM
That is such a great picture and great idea!!! I'll have to remember all of these for when we have our next! It will be the 2nd great grand child (unless more come before then) but we have 27 grandchildren in my DH's family ranging from 27 (my DH) to 1 month!!! Lol! Tough to top an announcement w/ this family :D

Melanie
06-22-2006, 12:25 AM
To friends I sent out a photo of Ds with a caption about him wearing a new t-shirt, so they'd be sure to pay attention to it. It said "Big Brother."

Of course he had no idea and we didn't tell him for several more weeks. LOL. He just thought I was making him try on a new outfit.

tarynsmum
06-22-2006, 08:32 AM
When my neighbors announced they were expecting at a neighborhood party, they got the "I"m gonna be a big sister" shirt for their DD (who was about 18mos at the time) and put a hoodie sheatshirt over it (it was winter then!). Then as each person came in the door, they said "Adeline got a new shirt today. Show ___ your shirt Adeline!" and she would lift up her sweatshirt and show whoever it was. It was really cute, and she was really excited to be a part of everything.

cca
06-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas:) I just finished ordering a shirt for dd to wear for the
big announcement.