PDA

View Full Version : teething, vomiting, and inconsolable-what do I do?

mommyoftwo
06-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Well, after getting those gorgeous pictures today, Linnea is just miserable tonight. Her top two teeth are coming in. I've given her tylenol and teething tablets, but nothing is working. Now she has started projectile vomiting. I've never used teething tablets before and wouldn't expect that they would cause vomiting, but the vomiting started shortly after giving them to her. Nothing I do is making her happy. Any suggestions? Can the crying fromt the teething be causing the vomiting? She is acting really tired and even fell asleep for a few minutes but then promptly woke and and resumed the crying. Please give me some suggestions!

randomkid
06-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Sorry she is so miserable. No real suggestions here, but I don't think the teething tablets would make her vomit. My DD is usually miserable for a week or so when the teeth are actually cutting through her gums, but we have never had vomiting and inconsolable crying. She will get very upset at times, but if I can distract her, that usually works. I have found ice chips or ice in a baby safe feeder seems to help a lot.

Are you sure she isn't getting sick and that the teething is just a coincidence?

Give us an update and hugs to you and Linnea.

BTW, I checked and there is a Portrait Innovations about 45 minutes from us. I think I'll have to try it out - Linnea's pictures were so beautiful! Hope she feels better soon.

mamato1
06-20-2006, 10:37 PM
I am wondering if Linnea is sick on top of the teething, not because of it. I would try to keep her hydrated and comfortable. If she gets worse call the ped in the morning.

Chris

Mama to Brendan (aka Boomer) 01/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png

mommyoftwo
06-20-2006, 10:59 PM
I think maybe you are both right. I know she's teething because she has been chewing on everything in site and you can see the teeth trying to poke through. But tonight she was just inconcolable and vomiting a lot more than normal (we always have vomiting due to acid reflux). I finally got her to sleep by nursing her and putting her in the swing. Hopefully she's feeling better in the morning.

Do check out portrait innovations. It was about a 50 min drive for me but so worth it.