PDA

View Full Version : instead of what cute things has your dc done

bcky2
06-21-2006, 05:32 PM
what about what mommy brain things have you done lately? mine was while making dinner tonight. i made tacos and my boys eat them on flour tortillas. i put cheese on the tortilla with some meat and nuke it so that it melts together and they dont tend to loose all the meat out of it when they pick them up. well i had done one for my younger ds and was making one for my older ds. i got it all put together and put it in the microwave. i punched in the time and went to hit start and it didnt start, so i clear it and type it in again and again it doesnt start. i do this about 4 or 5 times and am getting really mad and am ready to call dh to complain to him about it and let him know that we need a new one when it dawns on me, you have to shut the door on the microwave for it to work, duh x(

so what have you done lately that you can blame on mommy brain :)

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
06-21-2006, 05:44 PM
I put Nick down for a nap wearing a long tee but no diaper. It will be a long time before corn is served in our home again.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

bcky2
06-21-2006, 05:47 PM
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wx(

Raidra
06-21-2006, 05:58 PM
This is perfect, I was just signing on to post the same thing! Here's mine:

We went to the grocery store to pick up a few things this morning, and on the way out, I decided to put Lachlann in the car first, as there was no seatbelt on the cart we had. I picked him up, put him in the car, and buckled him up. Then I went back to the cart, picked up Colwyn, and opened the door on his side of the car. I was shocked to see Lachlann sitting in Colwyn's booster seat, buckled up, and laughing at me. Hmm. I apparently put Lachlann in Colwyn's seat and buckled it, without even realizing it was the wrong one.

And to throw in a cute Colwyn story, I muttered something about Mommy being goofy while I was buckling him in, and he looked up at me and said, "Mommy goofy-looking!" My mom just taught him this wonderful new phrase a few days ago. So, I told him that wasn't nice (in a silly tone, I wasn't reprimanding him or anything), and could he please say, "Mommy is so pretty!" What does he say? "Mommy pretty goofy-looking!" I'm pretty sure he was just trying to combine both adjectives, but what a laugh I got out of that.

mommyoftwo
06-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Oh I just did something similar. We cloth diaper and I put Amelia down for a nap without a diaper cover on. Fortunately (well unfortunately but fortunately because of the cover thing) she didn't go down so I got her up earlier than normal and she hadn't wet her diaper yet. I'm so sorry about your mess though. Doesn't sound fun.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
06-21-2006, 06:15 PM
One of the great mysterys of life , that corn thing...
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ribbit1019
06-21-2006, 06:57 PM
That was going to be mine too. Though I didn't catch it so I had sheets and such to change. The fun days of mommyhood.

Also training pants that don't fit won't absorb pee, it falls to the floor, more mess to clean up. Forget about Maddy not wanting to potty train, I don't want to potty train. :P

Christy
My Waterbabies
Maddy 6/9/04
http://b3.lilypie.com/nlacm4/.png
& Jarred 3/8/06, 14 lb 24 1/2" @ 10 wks, a happily breastfed babe.
http://b1.lilypie.com/KH1pm5/.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/steitzsmith/Other/jump.gif

mommyoftwo
06-21-2006, 07:01 PM
I hear you on that one. Every time Amelia asks to go potty I sigh because she usually is trying to stall and doesn't have to go and it's such a big ordeal.

mommyoftwo
06-21-2006, 07:58 PM
I apparently put my waterproof mascara in the bathroom drawer that Amelia plays in (what was I thinking!) and I just turned around to discover that she has painted her hands, legs, fuzzibunz diaper, the garbage can, and a bag with black mascara. I can't get it all off either, sigh.

jayali
06-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Left the sunroof open on DH car overnight during a torrential rain storm. When he came in to tell me what I had done I said "Oh no, did it get wet?" Duh, no it rained everywhere but on top of his car.

aguinn
06-21-2006, 08:18 PM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I'm glad I was not drinking milk when I read your post. Definitely would have come out my nose!

;)amy
momma to DS#1 "Big Brother" (BB) and, finally, DS#2 "Little Brother" (LB)

http://b3.lilypie.com/Eygrm4/.png[/img][/url]
http://b1.lilypie.com/ur0Am4/.png[/img][/url]

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see." ~ Neil Postman

lkarp
06-21-2006, 08:27 PM
DH caught my mommy brain diapering fiasco.

I snappi'd the prefold, then snapped the crotch of M's onesie and then put her diaper cover over onesie and prefold. Let's just say we had a little bit of wicking that night...

tarynsmum
06-21-2006, 09:09 PM
This happened a few weeks ago but oh well.

We have one of those old-school houses where the washing machine drains straight into a utility tub.
DH buzzes his hair in the utility tub (so that the hair just goes down the drain). FOr whatever reason, he left the hair clippers plugged in, and sitting on top of the washing machine.
So I go to do a load of laundry, and hang the clippers over the side of the utility tub: STILL PLUGGED IN, WITH THE CLIPPERS DANGLING IN THE TUB. So when the washing machine drained... only by the grace of God was there not an electrical fire and me having to explain to the insurance company why I burnt my own house down.

Clippers still work too.

ribbit1019
06-21-2006, 10:13 PM
That is AMAZING! Thank goodness you are all safe!
My washer does the draining into the utility tub too, I hate it.

Christy
My Waterbabies
Maddy 6/9/04
http://b3.lilypie.com/nlacm4/.png
& Jarred 3/8/06, 14 lb 24 1/2" @ 10 wks, a happily breastfed babe.
http://b1.lilypie.com/KH1pm5/.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/steitzsmith/Other/jump.gif

Wife_and_mommy
06-21-2006, 10:17 PM
"Mommy pretty goofy-looking!"

LOL! Thanks for the laugh. :)

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

DebbieJ
06-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Tonight I tried to put pretzels away in the refrigerator instead of the pantry. D'oh!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

starrynight
06-21-2006, 11:40 PM
I went in the fridge to get butter for dd's toast and instead grabbed the milk. I stopped myself seconds before I poured milk all over her toast!

kijip
06-22-2006, 01:50 AM
Mine is taco related too. A few weeks ago I put together plates for both of us - chicken, cheese, beans, avocado, tomatos etc. sounds great. I used raw tortilla dough. That is right folks, I FORGOT to cook the tortillas. dumb, very dumb. I had some leftover dough in the fridge all flattened and ready to cook but somehow thought I had cold cooked torillas in the fridge. not a tasty lunch.

newnana
06-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Mine is along these same lines. I opened the refrigerator the other night to see a box of cereal and looked at it like my refrigerator must be nuts. I puttered around the kitchen for a minute getting supper ready when I felt that "oh, no" rock in my stomach. I opened the cupboard and sure enough, there was the curdled milk that had sat in there all day. Ugh! Nothing like pouring chunky milk down the sink. Give me a corn poop any day!
Michelle

JTsMom
06-22-2006, 08:45 AM
I was in Target shopping with DH and DS. Our cart had our gigantic red cart cover on it, and our gigantic red diaper bag- hard to miss, right? I walked away with the very pregnant woman's cart who was standing next to us- oh, and her big black purse was sitting right in front of me as I pushed. She had to run after me. I said, "You should know that this is the kind of stuff that will happen to you all the time after the baby comes."

So that's bad, but know what's worse?

A couple days later I did THE SAME THING at the grocery store! I turned 3 different shades of red.

bcky2
06-22-2006, 08:56 AM
lmao, was your ds in the cart that you left behind?

JTsMom
06-22-2006, 09:33 AM
OMG no- that would have been worse! LOL Please don't give me any ideas!

bcky2
06-22-2006, 10:00 AM
HAHAHAHAHA :)

chiqanita
06-22-2006, 12:38 PM
oh I have plenty but I'll share the one mommy-brain thing I do all of the time. I have 21 mo twin boys, very heavy twin boys. I use a tandem stroller when alone and individual strollers when DH is with us. Well yesterday I hurried over to the post office to pick up some priority boxes and mail out a package that must get to CA by Sat. I got the little guys ready with water sippies and a snack trap, all was going well. We arrived at the PO, great only one other person there....WOO HOO! I hate going to the PO with DSx2 because it's so boring for them and I totally understand. Anyway, I thought I was going to get in there and out in a flash! I parked, opened the back of the van and what do I see: THE INDIVIDUAL STROLLERS! CRIKEY! (as my friend says) I even told myself before we left the house: NOTE TO SELF: PUT THE TANDEM IN THE VAN!!!

Seems I forgot to load the tandem from this weekend. We sat in the car for a minute before I stopped a woman going in and asked her to bring me some boxes on her way out. She was very kind and offered to mail my package...after I explained what had happened.

kjezierski
06-22-2006, 02:46 PM
I moved DH's car (which I hate) into the garage. That night, the alarm to his car sounded and wouldn't go off no matter what I did. I yelled at him to do something about his stupid car and alarm.

Seems I left the lights on and the battery ran down, which makes the alarm sound. DH had to get up in the middle of the night, jump his car, and drive it around for an hour for the battery to recharge. Let's just say he's not sympathetic with the 'mommy brain'.

Kathleen
Mommy to Alex
04/29/04

Moneypenny
06-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Well, there are really too many to count, but the most obvious thing has become an ongoing problem: I can no longer speak like an adult. While shopping with my mother I told her the pants she was trying on fit well through the "tushie"; I goosed DH and told him he had a nice "tushie"; a coworker was sniffly and I asked if he "had some boogies in there"; the same coworker told me he finished a big project faster than I expected and I exclaimed, "Wowie!!!"; another coworker shared a very personal bit of info with me and I was thanking her for sharing and told her she was a "good girl". Sigh.

Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]

bcky2
06-22-2006, 04:17 PM
lmao, my dh would have killed me :o

cmdunn1972
06-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Remeber that one-day-only coupon that Panera's had on their website for a free kid's meal? I meticulously printed it out and set it in the office by the computer. I had (mentally) made a note of the day with every intention of using it.

Well, this morning I woke to find that I had made a note of the wrong day. I was thinking it was Thursday, when apparently it was Wednesday. Boy, did I feel like a fool! Ah, well. We had Panera's today anyway. :)

22tango
06-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Oh my gosh!! I just did that the other night. I was in our master bath brushing my teeth, and DH started to come in, so I asked him "Oh, do you need to go potty??" Bwah-ha-ha-ha!! I can't believe that came out of my mouth! :D We were both still laughing about it for the next 10 minutes.