PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Take Care of CZ Jewelry?

matthewsmom
06-22-2006, 08:46 PM
After reading a previous post about buying great Cubic Zarconia jewelry, I am really interested in buying something to wear for everyday. However, my MIL told me that CZ jewelry is harder to take care of and that it can't be in contact with any grease. Which would defeat the purpose of me buying the jewelry. I would love to find something to wear everyday in lieu of my wedding band. Does anyone know whether this is true? Also, how do you clean it?

Thanks so much!

KBecks
06-22-2006, 10:13 PM
go ask this at simtalk.com, or is it simstalk.com

My understanding is that CZs are more prone to scratching, so they shouldn't get as much hard wear. Otherwise *I think* the care is the same as diamonds. You still would use jewelry cleaner on it.

But ask the experts.

megs4413
06-22-2006, 10:15 PM
I don't know about that being true but I do have a CZ copy of my ring. I bought it from a reputable dealer online as a loose stone and it has been great. they have a guarantee against the stone breaking so i imagine if some kind of grease damage occurred you could get them to replace it? I've never heard about the grease thing but I use mine most of the time and haven't had any problems with it. I clean it the same way I clean my regular ring--at the jeweler's!