PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Wiggles live show

mommyoftwo
06-23-2006, 07:16 AM
This probably sounds stupid, but do the actual wiggles perform? We are thinking of taking Amelia to the show in Pittsburgh and I just want to know what to expect.

AmyZ
06-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Yes, the actual Wiggles and company do perform. We went last year and we are going this year too! (pittsburgh also!) It is a really fun show and the Wiggles have tons of energy and are very entertaining - considering they do 2 shows a day! If you go, bring some flowers - they collect them and donate them to a local charity and the Wiggles come around and pick them up during the show. They also try to slip in some funny adult jokes so we don't get too bored -it's all clean!

Amy Z

"Ma!" to Eliana 2/04 - She's 2!
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

trumansmom
06-23-2006, 08:15 AM
Yes, they do! And they are soooo much fun! Do a quick search and you'll find several threads with ideas of what to bring, etc. We went 3 years ago, and would do it again in a heartbeat. :)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Puddy73
06-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Yes, although Greg was out sick when we took DD to see them in Jacksonville last year. It was still a great show and I don't think DD even noticed that it wasn't the "real" Greg.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

Corie
06-23-2006, 09:54 AM
We also brought a dozen red roses for Dorothy! :)

kep
06-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Oh, no! Not Greg! ;)

Kelli
Proud Mommy to Lukey (4.2003)
And a new baby due Christmas Eve, 2006

http://bd.lilypie.com/8dPKm4/.png

http://b4.lilypie.com/G0VTm4.png

kboyle
06-23-2006, 11:13 AM
i've heard from 3 different parents at work that when they've taken their children this year (i think) that the real wiggles haven't been there...but that's just hearsay, i don't really know.

ok, guess i'm not really any help.

Puddy73
06-23-2006, 11:16 AM
>Oh, no! Not Greg! ;)
>
LOL! Greg is my "favorite" Wiggle, too. How sad that I even have a favorite!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

MMEand1
06-24-2006, 02:13 AM
REALLY!?!? Not the real Wiggles?? We went to the Wiggles show in Aprilof this year in Sacramento, CA and they were the real Wiggles. We had a blast! My DS is still talking about how I gave Anthony a high five and we sang and everything. We brought roses for Dorothy, but no one came around to our section to pick them up and after the show, the security was keeping everyone away from the stage.
It really is a lot of fun, especially if you know the songs and don't mind being a kid for a little bit and singing and having a good time right along with your toddler!
Mariah P.

dhano923
06-24-2006, 02:23 AM
We went to the concert here in So. CA in April and all 4 Wiggles performed, along with Captain Feathersword and several of the dancers from the show. There were no stand-ins.

josephsmom
06-29-2006, 07:44 AM
What would you say about how much time the Wiggles were onstage, vs. Capt. Feathersword and his crew? I've been really disappointed by how little actual "Wiggles Footage" has been in the new DVDs as compared to the older ones. Was the show like that--mostly Capt. & crew with "cameos" by the Wiggles, or were the Wiggles on for the majority of the time? TIA for any comments--you all will help me decide whether to buy tickets this time around.

cara1
06-29-2006, 10:53 AM
The show we went to in the Fall was all Wiggles. The real guys. On stage the whole time.

dhano923
06-29-2006, 01:24 PM
It was Wiggles the entire time during the Sail Around the World tour. The Captain, Henry, etc made appearances but the Wiggles were on stage almost the entire time.