PDA

View Full Version : OT--online source for towels/sheets

crl
06-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi,
I'm thinking of pitching a bunch of old linens and getting new. I go for plain-old white. I'd be looking for decent quality, but not luxury. . . . I'd like one reliable source for towels and sheets.

Where should I look? LandsEnd? The Company Store?

Thanks!

tiapam
06-23-2006, 11:17 PM
I really like Lands End and have had good luck with them. I do think their washcloths are a little too luxurious. I got those from Target instead.

-Pam

DD - One year old!

crl
06-24-2006, 07:29 PM
nt

Lovingliv
06-25-2006, 08:01 PM
I actually tried LL Bean for towels and LOVE them. The nice thing is that if you don't like them, they have a great return policy.
I have been wanting to try there linens, but I can't seem to find that much money!
Company store has wonderful sheets,,,,I may try some from there. They are expensive but VERY high thread counts are available.

squimp
06-25-2006, 08:09 PM
There was a thing in Real Simple a few years back, and their highest ranked mid-range towels were from LLBean. We have towels from the Company Store, and they've held up really well. As for sheets, I've tried 300-ct sheets from Lands End, Company Store and Wamsutta, and the best ones are from LLBean.

crl
06-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Thanks! LLBean. Why didn't I think of that?

bunnisa
06-26-2006, 09:19 AM
I'd try smartbargains and overstock -- go for high gram weight and egyptian cotton, if it's in your budget!

Bethany
blessed wife and mama to two!

"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-Justin Torres