PDA

View Full Version : OT: Need Last-minute gift help

buddyleebaby
06-24-2006, 10:26 AM
My brother graduates Monday from the Police Academy. I'd like to get him a gift but I have no idea what. Any ideas?
TUA.

Queensgirl
06-24-2006, 01:28 PM
How about tickets to.... whatever he's into (sporting event, play, concert, etc).

Gift certificate to a really good restaurant and movie afterwards (to be shared w/ girlfriend) ? Or his favorite store (though maybe that wouldn't be "special" enough?).

I've found that most men aren't into the "personalized" gifts, but really appreciate gift certificates or tickets (to see their favorite teams play or a favorite performer).
To be honest, so do I.

BTW, congratulations on his graduation & good luck with the gift hunting.

Marisa6826
06-24-2006, 05:44 PM
How about a nice briefcase or portfolio for his paperwork? I never knew how much paperwork they actually carry around with them until I dated a cop. ;)

The only other thing that came to mind was one of those little wallets that hold a badge, although they might issue that with the badge itself.

-m

buddyleebaby
06-24-2006, 06:14 PM
A briefcase sounds like a good (no, GREAT) idea!
Thank you, thank you, off to look!

alleyoop
06-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Reflective, aggressive looking sunglasses... what every cop needs!!

alleyoop
06-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Reflective, aggressive looking sunglasses... what every cop needs!!

buddyleebaby
06-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I was going to try and get a briefcase but I couldn't find the kind I was looking for.
I ended up getting him a small painting of Michael the Archangel (We're Catholic). He is the patron saint of Police Officers.
Hopefully he'll like it.

ShayleighCarsensMom
06-25-2006, 10:18 PM
A gun safe ;)
We got one for my BIL who graduated a few months ago. They have them at costco

mamato1
06-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Alicia-

I dod not post because I had no ideas to add, but I wanted to tell you that I think the gift you ended up choosing is perfect. I am sure he will love it.

Chris

Mama to Brendan (aka Boomer) 01/16/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png