PDA

View Full Version : at&t peddlers

megs4413
06-24-2006, 02:14 PM
we've just bought our first house and so we're not very experienced.......

BUT

Does AT & T come to your door and try to convince you to change internet service providers? There are two young people walking around our neighborhood going door to door and making an AT&T sales pitch. I dont' like this. I don't like this at all. I don't want people knocking on my door trying to sell me something...i dont' like not knowing whether or not they're actually who they say they are. they didn't seem particularly professional. I overheard them arguing with eachother about going to the same houses. Frankly, i'm pissed off that I even had to hear my doorbell ring. Normally, i wouldn't open the door to a stranger but of course DH is here and he opens the door and listen to the whole shpiel. I don't know why it annoyed me so much other than I don't want to have to listen to unwanted sales pitches AT MY F&^%$*' front door! Does this happen to anyone else? I tried calling the customer service line and I got some recording like there are no human beings available. We were actually thinking about switching to AT&T, until they invaded our privacy in order to make a buck! NOT GONNA HAPPEN NOW!

m448
06-24-2006, 02:41 PM
we put up a no solicitors sign. Just a small white sign with black lettering, weather proof (not cardboard or plastic) staked in the ground near our entrance. It seemed I noticed an increase in solicitors when I began to stay at home and the sign quickly put an end to that.

I have 3 dogs so just someone walking up my drive is enough to send them into a barking frenzy.

Lovingliv
06-25-2006, 08:05 PM
That sounds very fishy. I have never heard of any phone company going door to door to change services.
I am totally paranoid. I don't open the door for anyone when I am home alone with Liv. I can't stand solicitors.

mamato1
06-25-2006, 10:18 PM
We have an official no solicitors sign from our city. It is illegal for anyone to come to your door if you have one clearly posted. Check with your city or get one like the pp suggested and you should have no more problems.

Chris

Mama to Brendan (aka Boomer) 01/16/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png

KBecks
06-26-2006, 07:01 AM
I've never had a door to door sales pitch from a phone company. It doesn't sound legitimate. I wouldn't hold it against AT&T. In fact, I might report it to the police so they could verify the legitimacy of these salespeople -- they may be trying to get personal information for identity theft, etc. But maybe I'm over analyzing it.

It's annoying. I find myself more and more annoyed with the telephone and doorbell now that I'm a busy mom -- and that I'm home now to experience all the interruptions!