PDA

View Full Version : Okay. Panties.

Sopamanda
06-24-2006, 02:20 PM
I've lost all but 5 pounds and need to invest.

I'm looking for a seamless bikini panty (-is- there really one?)

I did try the Target Assure, I think it's called. Would really prefer regular panties (I'm short and those things came down to my knees) and the Assure ones really ran after one wearing. Yes, I did have the right size.

Favorite panties?

FWIW, I also went to Victoria's secret to get measured (the girls have changed too, although I'm still breastfeeding). I did this twice with horrible results. Where's a reputable place to get measured??

cmo
06-24-2006, 02:36 PM
I was just going to post a similar question! I'm also interested to know if microfiber is as good as cotton in terms of breathability. I've always gotten cotton in the past and want to know if it's worth it to switch.

I do have one Jockey microfiber bikini that is supposed to prevent VPL and I must say it does a pretty good (though not perfect) job.

HoneymoonBaby
06-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Calvin Klein has some truly seamless bikinis. You can usually find those at department stores. Natori has good one, too.

For a cheaper option, I like Old Navy's $6 3-packs, but they're not TRULY seamless. They're pretty close to it, though.

karolyp
06-24-2006, 04:12 PM
If you want to try VS panties, supposdly there's a coupon for a free one in the new (Aug 2006) Fitness magazine on pg 24.

Also, I've read previously on this board that Target's Gillian O'Malley panties are very nice.

And as far as measuring goes, I've had some success with JCP.

HTH and good luck.

lmintzer
06-24-2006, 05:34 PM
Get measured at Nordstrom if you have one near you. They are the best there!

denna
06-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Have you tried 'Barely There' I know that Jockey sells them I LOVE JOCKEY!!! And I think I may have seen them on JC Penney's!!! Good luck panty shopping ;)!

crl
06-24-2006, 07:17 PM
I recently bought all new panties. I went to Macys and chose three different pairs to try out. I like bikini cut too. I chose a Barely There panty with no seams in microfiber--also no tags! Then I ordered 10 pairs online--here's a link:

http://www.barenecessities.com/Barelythere-Flawless-Fit-Bikini_product_Barelythere2355_,search,.htm

I've had mine for about a month and no runs yet. They still look like new, although after only a month I expect them to!

I also liked the Calvin Klein pair I picked out, but it was about $10 per pair instead of about $6-7 per pair. I did not like the Jockey pair I tried even though I wear Jockey bras and they would have matched exactly in color. . . .

I just go and try bras on without getting fitted since the couple of times I've tried it didn't really seem to help me get a better fit. Sorry I'm no help there.

Good luck!

teddy
06-24-2006, 09:46 PM
I found my Barely There bikinis at Kohls. They are pretty good. I also tried their boy shorts! Cute!