PDA

View Full Version : OT: What GC to get a college garduate?

Melanie
06-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Quick before Dh buys one from Best Buy! I'm trying to convince him a momentous occasion like this deserves something better for BIL.

TIA

cbm
06-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Actually, a GC from Best Buy could be just fine. It really depends on how much you are giving.

To answer the original question, perhaps something related to his major. Something that he can use when or if he already has a job: briefcase, laptop bag or backpack, etc.
One standard gift is an engraved pen. A GC to a frame shop for his diploma is also nice. Money is great at any time, but it doesn't last.
Just other ideas besides a GC :-).

Claudia
DS 12/18/04

crl
06-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Framing his diploma strikes me as a great idea! I'm going to have to remember that one.

A gift certificate to Nordstroms would be nice, he could buy a briefcase or work clothes with it--assuming he's going to work rather than on for more education. If he's going on for more education, maybe a GC to the campus bookstore. . . .

BaileyBea
06-25-2006, 10:32 AM
We've been giving GC to Target to all the college and high school grads. Mostly because most of these kids are either setting up their first apartment or first dorm.

Either way, they will all need pots and pans etc...

When I graduated from college I made a list of all the kitchen stuff I needed and for my birthday and graduation I got gifts off that list. So when I set-up my first apartment I had a lot of the basics I needed.