PDA

View Full Version : OT - How much ice cream can 15 toddlers eat???

annasmom
06-26-2006, 09:19 AM
So, I am having (as of now) about 15 toddlers (with 1-2 five year olds thrown in for good measure) over on Wednesday for ice cream. How much ice cream do you think I should buy?

I know this is a weird question, but I always go overboard, and I really do not want a lot left over (*really* I don't ;)). Whenever we go for ice cream with my dc, my dh and I end up having to eat most of their ice cream too (yes, it is a horrible burden). Thanks!!

ctmom
06-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Eileen,
Sounds like fun!! Whenever I give my girls ice cream, they get one scoop. I would say there is probably about 10 scoops in a half gallon container, so 2 half gallons, plus another one for the parents would be more than enough...

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

annasmom
06-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Thanks Mary!! That makes sense. Wish me good weather for Wednesday, or we will all be eating ice cream inside!

AmyZ
06-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Eileen -

Perhaps you can get those little cups with the wooden stick/spoons? I sometimes see them with the ice cream in the grocery store. Instant portion control!

Amy Z

"Ma!" to Eliana 2/04 - She's 2!
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

thomma
06-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Last week I needed 2 half gallons for 21 students and 2 adults. We all got one hearty scoop (okay...I had 2 :) ). I like Amy's idea about using Hoodsie cups...no scooping!

good luck-

Kim
t&e 5/03

annasmom
06-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Great idea! Thanks Amy! I will have to check it out.

Thatchermom
06-26-2006, 08:09 PM
You can also go by inch-measures if you go with ice cream in a box/carton. If you open the cardboard all the way out flat, you can then slice the ice cream with a knife (no scooping) and know exactly how many slices each carton can do. For teenagers we slice once down the middle and then three or four times across the width(8-10 servings per half gallon). With toddlers, I would think you could cut even smaller.