PDA

View Full Version : Moms of 3 little ones (or more!!) - How do you get out of the house??

annasmom
06-26-2006, 10:24 AM
This question stems from trying to figure out my stroller & carseat situations, but it really applies to everything, for example, will I ever be able to go to the supermarket with my dc again once the new baby comes?

So, what has worked for you?? I am interested in learning any helpful hints you have learned along the way. What is your stroller situation? Can you ever go out to eat with your dc again?? And what on earth do you do at the supermarket??

Thank you!!

TaChapm
06-26-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm wondering this myself. Jackson is capable of walking and holding on to me but I am still not totally comfortable with that. I think I will be getting a monkey harness for him. I have a double stroller and if I need to will put the baby in a baby bjorn and the boys in the double. I am convinced I will never go to the store alone. I will just wait for DH to get home. I can't figure out how to have everyone secure in the shopping cart and still have room for groceries.

I am pretty sure we won't be eating out ever again. It is hard enough with Tyler because he is still so fussy. It is just more work than it is worth.

It already seems to take forever for me to get the boys packed up and loaded in the car. I can't imagine with 3.

I just keep telling myself that it won't always be so much work and it is all worth it. :)

Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
Tyler William 6-9-05
OMG!!! It's a GIRL!! Due September 5, 2006!

http://b4.lilypie.com/gzWfm8.png

http://b1.lilypie.com/kLMem8.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/UEZ3m8.png

annasmom
06-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Tara - I have the same issue. Anna will only have just turned 3 when this baby arrives. She LOVES to walk, but there are times and places where I really need her restrained. I have a double stroller (2 actually), and I *hope* to carry the new baby, but I have never had much success with carriers.

I *guess* for the supermarket we could go at off hours, and I could let Anna walk, carry the baby and have Kieran in the child seat. I think I will be looking into peapod lol!!

Pennylane
06-26-2006, 07:45 PM
I have 3 under the age of 5. I take them pretty much everywhere with me. When I go to the mall, my older one walks and I push the two younger ones in the double stroller. At the Grocery store, Target, BJ'S, etc, I will push the younger ones in the stroller and pull a cart with my older one in the seat. It's really not as bad as I imagined. You could also do two in the stroller and one in a baby bjorn. I try to go when I know the stores aren't as crowded though and always take snacks :)

As far as eating out, we don't much anymore. By the time I feed the younger ones. my dinner is cold and they are ready to go. We do a lot of take out and places like Sonic where we can "picnic" in the car or at an outdoor table.

Like you I wasn't sure how I was going to do it but trust me, you figure out ways so you don't have to stay at home all the time!

Good luck,
Ann