PDA

View Full Version : Question about Oriental Trading??

annasmom
06-26-2006, 11:25 AM
I have seen many people post that they have bought items from Oriental Trading and am curious as to your experiences concerning the quality and overall experience.

I am interested in buying some party favors, decorations, and supplies from them for Anna's birthday party. Nothing very pricey, but I am a bit concerned about the quality of the party favors that I plan to give to such young children.

TIA!!

Tondi G
06-26-2006, 03:39 PM
I've had great experiences with Oriental Trading! I just placed a huge order for my older DS's scooby doo party ... and pinata fillers! I bought a bunch of stuff from them for my little guys monkey themed 1st birthday party too! I suppose it depends on what you are buying but overall I like them!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

kristenk
06-26-2006, 03:47 PM
I ordered some stuff from Oriental Trading to use as favors and decorations for her 2nd birthday party. Some of the things I ordered were fine. Some of them weren't that great. For instance, I ordered some snowman beach balls and probably 3 out of the dozen in the package just didn't stay inflated. Also, I ordered wooden snowman clackers for the goody bags and had a lot of trouble with them. I can't remember exactly, but I think that some of the tops & bottoms didn't line up too well, the paint on some was a little weird, and something else. I worked to get 7 good ones out of a dozen total. Granted, I wouldn't have been so picky if it was something that they'd play with here, but since they were going to be taking it home, I wanted them to look nice. The decorations I ordered were fine. The beach balls were a huge hit even with 3 missing! :)

I wasn't super surprised to find problems with the items that I had problems with, if that makes sense. They were pretty cheap and there was a reason for that! In all, though, I'll order from Oriental Trading again at some point. I hope that helped some and if you have any specific questions, let me know.

Corie
06-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Unfortunately, which doesn't help you much, I think it's
fairly hit or miss when it comes to quality.

Like Kristen mentioned, I have ordered stuff before and it
has just been junk! And, on other occasions, it was okay!