PDA

View Full Version : Love the Shopaholic books? Now a baby on the way...

AddiesMom
06-27-2006, 08:43 AM
I loved the Shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella... finally main character Becky is becoming a Mommy! Shopaholic and Baby is coming out Feb 2007. Could you picture her on this message board? She'd be out of control!

Here is what I found out...

Becky and Luke Brandon are still enjoying wedded bliss, and Becky is ever more determined to be sensible and frugal. But now, there's a baby on the way, and the temptations to shop become even more urgent. As well as all the must-have things that the fashion and beauty conscious mother-to-be needs, the baby will require...so many things! And then there are all the imponderables...Will it be a boy or a girl? Twins? Triplets? Just how many babygros does a girl need?

pampamz
06-27-2006, 08:51 AM
I really enjoyed the first 3 books but Shopaholic & Sister I thought was a bummer. She was portrayed as a bit of a ditz, but not a funny ditz like she was in the previous stories.

I hope this round is better! I'll of course buy it anyways...maybe there will be new found baby gear in it that I will have to go and buy...

Thanks for the update!

amp
06-27-2006, 09:51 AM
Ooooh, how much fun will she have shopping for a baby?! I look forward to it!

EllasMum
06-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Great!! I love these books. I just bought the whole set for a friend. I just think they are too funny! And I can relate waaaaay too well! :)