PDA

View Full Version : more kids menu goodies...

Mommy_Again
06-27-2006, 02:10 PM
At Starbucks, you can request a "short cup" for only $1 - 8 oz serving of milk, hot chocolate (less than 120 degrees), or vanilla creme.

At Cheesecake Factory, you can request "the Baby Plate" (free for kids under 3) - a selection of sourdough and whole wheat breads with a side of bananas - they bring right when you sit down so you can order in peace!

Love these little touches.

urquie
06-27-2006, 04:52 PM
very cool. it's time to go back to cheesecake factory... and dd won't have to say want food, want food, want food... 50,000 times until dinner arrives :)

egoldber
06-27-2006, 05:44 PM
At Starbucks, if you just ask for a "kid's milk", you get a cup of milk for $1. The size of the cup will vary depending on the Starbucks location. Sometimes its a short cup, but often its the cup a grande frappuccino thing comes in. DD and I love to go Starbucks. She even order for herself "kid's milk and a rainbow cookie".

dhano923
06-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Cheesecake Factory is supposed to bring the ki'ds plate of bread and banana automatically if you have a small child -- you shouldn't have to ask for it. I have a couple friends who work there and they told me that.

Chipotle will make a kid size cheese quesadilla for $.75. :)

egoldber
06-27-2006, 06:42 PM
OMG! You just made my day!!!!!

g-mama
06-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Beth - did you know that a Cheesecake Factory is opening in Fair Oaks Mall in November? I know you live near me and I just saw this while at the mall the other day. I am SO excited because even though there is on in Tysons Corner, it is so crowded with the business crowd that I never go.

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

egoldber
06-27-2006, 06:54 PM
I did know that. I'm actually a little sad about it, LOL, because I don't like the food at The Cheesecake Factory much (obviously I'm in a minority on this one) and I like Bennigan's (which it is replacing) a lot. Sarah doesn't really like anything on the menu there besides, the bread and bananas.... I guess its more Corner Bakery for us.

On the other hand, I was ecstatic when the Caribou went in!

vwh99
06-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Wow, I wish I knew this earlier! When we were in the Bahamas, I sent my husband down to the hotel lobby to get dd some milk at the Starbucks. He came back w/ the larger cup of milk and when I asked, he said they charged him $4+ dollars!!!!! He said that the girl didn't know how much to charge, but I couldn't believe that he actually paid that!!!

Val

ellies mom
06-28-2006, 01:15 AM
The Starbucks at the airport in Chicago also charged a huge amount of money for a milk when we were there last summer, so I have a feeling the more touristy type places don't offer the kids milk. But it definately doesn't hurt to ask.

egoldber
06-28-2006, 08:27 AM
The "kid's milk" is often only available at "real" Starbucks, not ones in hotels, rest areas, in Targets, etc.

kboyle
06-28-2006, 10:14 AM
If you order a meal off the kiddie menu from Tony Roma's the kid's get an "appetizer" of carrots, celery & ranch dressing....this used to be one of the only places where charlie would eat all his veggies!