PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!! Pen Ink on couch!

manda7_23
06-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Please tell me there is something that gets pen (scribble) marks off of a couch! I didn't know where else to post this. TIA

Amanda

mamato1
06-27-2006, 10:06 PM
What kind of material do you have on your couch?

Chris

Mama to Brendan (aka Boomer) 01/16/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png

dms619
06-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Dear Amanda,

Regular rubbing alcohol takes out pen ink - BUT - I don't know what kind of fabric you have - so test a spot first.

Good luck,

Debbie

manda7_23
06-27-2006, 10:43 PM
It is that faux suede material. When i bought it they said it was really easy to clean! lol..

Amanda

tarabenet
06-28-2006, 02:47 AM
Spot Shot would be my first try, but I'd test in a hidden place first. And, of course, keep the kid/s away until it was long dry, since it is basically a dry-cleaning aerosol formula. Look for the blue and orange can with the carpet cleaners or laundry pre-treaters.

Good luck!

JTsMom
06-28-2006, 06:34 AM
Microfiber? You're in luck then! We trash ours on a regular basis, and so far nothing hasn't come out. Seriously, try plain water on a white towel first. Then you could probably try any upholstry cleaner that says it's safe for microfiber. I think they even make some specially for it.

My sister has a couch from Rooms to Go made of microfiber, and they actually supply her with a cleaner for it. She swears by it- says it has gotten out everything from blood to dried paint!

AddiesMom
06-28-2006, 06:43 AM
Just used Spot Shot on my carpet and it worked great. My mom picked it up it at Target. Also, 3M used to have on their website a huge stain removal guide (I think under the Scotchguard section).

Advice to all... If you have a Fisher Price Jumperoo, put a towel under it. The other day DD had a blow out and was just jumping away, happy as can be in poo on my off white berber carpet!

JustMe
06-28-2006, 09:59 AM
My mother always said that hair spray would take ink out...I have never tried it myself.

Good luck!

Robyn\
mom to a 3 yr old from Guatemala

schums
06-28-2006, 03:00 PM
I was just about to post this. I use hair spray all the time on ink on DC's clothes. Just spray to satuation and wait for a while. Not sure if it would work or be safe on microfiber tho -- it would definitely work on a traditional fabric covered couch.

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

JElaineB
06-28-2006, 04:32 PM
I second or third the Spot Shot. Works great on my microfiber couch for pretty much any stain. Do a test spot first just to be sure though.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02