PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching Hell's Kitchen this season?

s7714
06-28-2006, 12:50 AM
My DH doesn't watch it, so I'm lacking post viewing chatting buddies. Has anyone else been watching it this season?

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

Calling fellow BBB SoCal moms...we'd love to meet you!
(100 posts & BBB member for 3 months req'd)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybargainssocal/

rlu
06-28-2006, 01:01 AM
Yes, but missed last night's episode.

mariza
06-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Love that show! Last season DH and I used to polish off a bottle of Shiraz after putting DD to bed while we watched Hell's Kitchen. This season I'm 7 months pg so we switched to Ice Cream, but I miss my wine, somehow it's not the same ;)

mamaturk
06-28-2006, 10:10 AM
YES!! I am watching it this season. I actually went to school with one of the guys on the show (Keith). He graduated in my sisters class. I went to a big party the first night of the show. 4 other people from the show were ther too!! I loved Hell's Kitchen last season but I am addicted this season even more!!

bcky2
06-28-2006, 10:44 AM
yes, there is something so relaxing about seeing a bunch of people getting yelled at and knowing it isnt me ;)

i am telling you, i dont remember her name but she has the dark hair and the glasses, she needs to go. she is totally screwing everyone over. i dont like her. and i also dont really like the big guy on the mens team who thinks that he is all that, ugh. i dont want some big guy sweating in my food x(

DDowning
06-28-2006, 11:25 AM
You're talking about Sara. Yep, she needs to go. She totally screwed Virginia in the last episode, Rachel should have been the one to go instead of her. But Virginia should have had a bigger backside and realized she was getting thrown under the bus! Instead she volunteers herself to go? Hello?!!!

Nah, I'm not a fan of the show or anything......

wencit
06-28-2006, 12:32 PM
I can't believe all these people at least graduated from culinary school. They seem so inept in the kitchen! Compared to the contestants on a show like "Top Chef," they really are fast food chefs, as Gordon Ramsay was saying.

I really want Sara to be the next to go! I don't understand why Chef Ramsay thinks so highly of her.

bcky2
06-28-2006, 12:45 PM
you know i was thinking the same thing, some of these people look like they have never been in a kitchen befor. heck, it is kinda funny the only people that they could get served were kids. and i also have no clue why he thinks that sara is so great, she needs to go and fast.

KBecks
06-28-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm watching, but I'm not sure I like the show. I like Ramsey a lot, though, he's cool.

I watched last summer too, and thought the guy that won did try to sabotage another player (hiding some meat). I didn't like that, and I don't like how it looks this season with one of the players who appears to be playing dirty.

So, I continue to like Ramsey, I like one of the players, Heather, and I think one or two of the other players could win my admiration as well. We'll see.

There is so little to watch on TV this summer! More park time for us!

s7714
06-28-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm hoping Sara goes next too. I can't stand people like that. Obviously people have to look out for themselves, but she's just a flat out you-know-what with a capital B.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714
06-28-2006, 04:30 PM
I was contemplating not watching this season because of the rumors about what happened to Michael (the guy that won) after last season. But the more I thought about it, I figured if Ralph (the guy who came in second) managed to open his own (and apparently successful) resturant, Michael should have been able to do something on his own (other than a cheesy website promising to start a cutlery company), even if he did get an alleged raw deal from the show producers. (So in other words, perhaps Michael gave himself the raw deal?)

Anyhow, I'm watching this season, but I must admit I'm not impressed with the contestants so far. I think Heather has a good chance, but the others are just annoying me so far! ;)

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

s7714
06-28-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm positive that the first lady booted off hadn't been to culinary school--she actually said something about being behind the others because she hadn't. I'd question whether some of the others have actually graduated from one too, or if they just have "experience" working in a food environment (fast food counts for that too, right? :P ). Although graduating from any kind of school doesn't always mean you'll have what it takes to succeed in your field, cooking included.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

mamicka
06-28-2006, 04:44 PM
I hadn't heard anything about Michael from last season, that's interesting.

I'm watching, but I'm not comfortable with all the yelling, it's not exactly relaxing TV. It's funny, though, because I would say that I like Ramsay.

As for the contestants, they don't seem very proficient in the kitchen, but maybe that's editing, or maybe it just shows my ignorance in the kitchen. I think Heather is talented, but takes herself *way* too seriously & there's something about her I don't like. Sara seems underhanded which I don't care for at all. Rachel seems to be totally, unhealthily enamored with Ramsay. Garret seems the most promising of the guys. Keith is just gross with all the sweating in the food & pants falling down.

I guess I really don't care who wins this season, none of them really are likeable to me so far.

Allison

KBecks
06-28-2006, 04:55 PM
I thought Tom was the sweaty guy and Keith had the falling down pants.

Glad Tom is gone!

s7714
06-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Here's Michaels website if you want to check it out: www.skullandcleavers.com
Not much info., but a few interesting pics?

The thing I don't get this season is all the customers who come to the restaurant getting all annoyed when they don't get their food. Um, you'd think anyone who had an inkling of what the place was about would realize they had a good chance on not getting food?

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

bcky2
06-28-2006, 07:27 PM
that is what i am always wondering, dont this people know what they are in for? i am going to have to check out that web site, didnt he get his own restaurant?

mamicka
06-28-2006, 07:29 PM
I think both Tom & Keith have been yelled at for sweating in the food. I Keith was sweating in the food last week, maybe?

Allison

mamicka
06-28-2006, 07:32 PM
I know, I totally don't get it. & they act so darn important when they go to complain. Have they never heard of the show? Have they not seen other customers totally blown off when complaining?

Allison

KBecks
06-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Bizarro web site.

I think the customers do know what they're getting into, and I think for the most part the customers are a bunch of people who either want free food or really want to be on TV (and get noticed for being rowdy).