PDA

View Full Version : Hate going to the post office - another way to buy stamps, send packages

niccig
06-28-2006, 03:18 PM
I know about stamps.com, but I don't think I would use it enough to warrant paying a monthly fee. I occasionally send packages. Is there another service were you just pay as you go. I have amn electronic kitchen scale to weigh the package, so I can calcuate it accurately. I just don't want to get in my car with DS, stand in line and then send....maybe I'm just lazy!

Nicci

elliput
06-28-2006, 03:27 PM
http://www.usps.com/onlinepostage/

I have used Click N Ship quite a few times.

kellyotn
06-28-2006, 03:30 PM
I love Click n ship. REALLY easy. I print them on regular paper and tape it to the box.

You can have the mail carrier pick it up from your house. Doesn't get any easier!

If you take it to the post office, and its more than 1 lb you have to hand it over to a clerk for security reasons (post 9-11 I assume) even if its paid for. Under 1 lb you can drop it in the box.

You can also buy regular stamps from the website.

babystuffbuff
06-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Another vote for the Postal Service. I have used Click n Ship many, many times, it is so easy! I have my check card from my bank stored in my USPS account to pay for the postage. I even had my postal carrier pick up my P3 when I had to send it back to Peg to be repaired - much easier than lugging that big heavy box to the post office, and it's a free service besides. :)

Sarah

Auntie to my seven munchkins, and thinking about TTC a munchkin of our own :)

BaileyBea
06-28-2006, 03:52 PM
It would be a much more peaceful place if Mama's everywhere had a Drive-Thru Post Office!

Just my opinion though. My GF and I talk about services we wish we had... #1 on the list is a Drive Thru Post-office.

I go to the USPO after hours and use the 24 hour weigh and stamp machine. Mostly because the post men in my neighborhood walk soooooo slooooow back and forth to the back to drop off the package and back to the front again. I am so tempted to scream "Please pick up the pace- put some gusto in it! Andele!" ;-)

overcome
06-28-2006, 04:24 PM
I love buying stamps online at the us post office site. Great selection and only $1 shipping. Can't beat it!!

writermama
06-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Another vote for click n ship, here. I love that when you buy the postage online for packages that you get delivery confirmation free. We usually take the packages to our tiny post office just to drop them off because DD loves the nice silver-haired postmistress, but I much prefer to just go hand her a package than try to manage the whole weigh and pay transaction while wrangling DD.

For buying stamps, they also sell them in a machine in the PO lobby and grocery stores in my area sell them -- just ask the cashier and they're in the cash register drawer.

niccig
06-28-2006, 05:23 PM
I knew there was an easier way. Click and ship it is. I wonder if they do international mail as well? I'll have to check it out. Unfortunately, the closest post office does not have an automated machine for packages, I'll have to go to the main one for our area to do that. Thankfully, there wasn't a line today so I got in and out very quickly. Next time, it's click and ship.
Thank you, thank you
Nicci

Melanie
06-28-2006, 05:29 PM
I do it via paypal so it draws the postage from my paypal account (or the bank accuont/card I have connected to it).

wencit
06-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Regarding buying stamps:

I'm not sure about your post office, but ours lets you purchase stamps by mail. You just fill out a form, mail a check, then the stamps arrive at your home in a couple of days.

Also, our local Costco sells stamps, too. You can ask for them at the front register.

eapoosmama
06-29-2006, 09:56 AM
I either go to the Post Office or I use www.usps.com Click and Ship for a couple years now for business. It is super easy!

~MB~

VClute
06-29-2006, 12:09 PM
I, too, LOVE paypal shipping. You don't have to have an Ebay transaction to do it, just a paypal account. Here's the link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05