PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Educational Video Recommendations For DD

randomkid
06-29-2006, 08:37 AM
DD is almost 18 months and absolutely adores the Baby Signing Time DVDs. I have noticed a big increase in her vocabulary since watching them. They repeat the words over and over along with the signs. She now knows almost all the signs in those 2 videos and can say the words - or at least attempt to say them, like banana that comes out blalalala :-)

So, I am looking for some good entertaining videos that can teach her more words, signs, etc. I have Signing Time Vols 1,2,3, but they are kind of boring compared to Baby Signing Time. What other DVDs do your DCs like and what do they learn from them?

Thanks,

cdlamis
06-29-2006, 10:40 AM
"I have Signing Time Vols 1,2,3, but they are kind of boring compared to Baby Signing Time."

In my opinion, Volumes 1-3 ARE boring compared to the other volumes (4-12). We love Signing Time and usually watch the later volumes beciase they are a LOT more fun and catchy. PBS is airing them so you can always tape/DVR them for free.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6/02
and Bella 12/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

randomkid
06-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks! I'll check my local listing for them.

Any other recommendations?

Raidra
06-29-2006, 11:03 AM
She might be a little young yet, but Colwyn adores Blues Clues. He's learned so much from watching. Blues Clues and Signing Times are the only shows/videos I don't mind him watching. They do a bit of signing on Blues Clues, too. There's one episode that has a deaf librarian (I think she's the librarian, anyway) and there's more signing in that one.. I think it's Neighborhood Festival or something.

The later volumes of ST are really great. Colwyn started watching 4-6 when he was about 14-15 months, and was able to pick up signs from them pretty quickly, even with the quicker pace.