PDA

View Full Version : Chawick's of Boston Clothing Quality & Sizing

Twins2000
06-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Hi!

For those of you who have ordered from Chadwick's, what do you think of their stuff? Do their clothes run small/big/true to size (especially their petites)? How is the quality? TIA!~

Leslie

daisymommy
06-29-2006, 04:41 PM
It can be hit or miss. I have LOTS of clothing from them. There haev been things I ordered that shrank up, fit weird, or was off quality. But I also have many dressy items like wool skirts, sweaters, church dresses that are very nice, were a great price, and have held up for years.
I also have some comfy shoes from them.

Twins2000
06-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Thank you for the info. Overall, how accurate are their sizes?

dr mom
06-29-2006, 05:30 PM
I ordered all the bridesmaid gowns for my wedding party from Chadwicks, and for the price, they were terrific. ($79 for floor-length gowns, as opposed to the $250 and up that the bridal shops were charging) I've since met two other brides who did the same thing, so apparently Chadwicks is the way to go for wedding party finery on the cheap.

If you're ordering anything other than a bridesmaid gown...sorry...can't help ya there. ;)

crl
06-29-2006, 05:44 PM
My experience is over a decade old, so maybe not too relevant. . . . I thought the quality wasn't so great. Not terrible for the prices, but no better than Target, etc. As I recall, the stuff I got ran small--but I don't wear petites.

MommyAllison
06-29-2006, 06:39 PM
I just wore a Chadwick's dress as a bridesmaid in BIL's wedding 2 weeks ago and found that my dress ran pretty true to size. It was a 6 but it was empire waist and then quite flowy so it was a forgiving dress. :) I would usually wear an 8, but the 6 gave me enough length (this is not petites). HTH!

Allison
http://b1.lilypie.com/XvRAm8/.png (http://lilypie.com)

daisymommy
06-30-2006, 04:17 PM
I think they run pretty true to size. But some of the bottom pieces (shorts, skirts, pants) are traditional at the waist fit--not low cut/modern cut like many stores carry now, so they may not fit right. I buy alot of my tops there because they always fit well though, and true to size.