PDA

View Full Version : Would you take her money ?

Lynnie
06-30-2006, 07:30 AM
What would you do: you listed a little tikes race car bed on craigslist. Someone replies. After alot of communications, she wants to buy it and is coming to pick it up the next day (today). Then, last night you get one of those chain emails from a friend and see that the person who is buying the bed is also a recipient, so you have a mutual friend in common, and then figure out that you have even kind of shared the same babysitter, and heard the baby sitter speak of this woman's son (and seen pictures!)

Do you still accept the $50 for the bed, or do you just let her have it since she is the friend of a friend ?

spanannie
06-30-2006, 07:41 AM
I'd take the money. I've sold things to friends. I wouldn't expect someone to give me something just because I'm friends with them, if they were selling it. Now, if it was a good personal friend, and it were something like an outfit from one of my kids, I'd probably give it to them...but something like a bed is different, epecially if you don't personally know this person. JMO.

elliput
06-30-2006, 07:42 AM
I think I would coninue with the sale. The contract of sale has already been made, as it was your intention to sell and her intention to buy. If it was someone whom I had actually met, I probably would approach this situation differently.

set81616
06-30-2006, 07:46 AM
Since you don't know her I'd still charge but if it made you feel better you could knock 10 dollars off. It would make you both feel good. Clothes i give to friends and things I would get 20 or less for. other things I charge a bit of a discounted rate. A couple of things for good friends I am "lending" so I can sell later knowing full well they may be damaged but didn't feel I could give out right because it would cost so much to get again if we had another DC.
Shannon

Lynnie
06-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Ok, I feel better now. And, it does make sense. I have bought things from bbb swap from virtual "friends" and expect to buy it, so I guess it is somewhat similar. I like the idea of knocking ten bucks off the price, too. Thanks !