PDA

View Full Version : Calling moms of 3 or more kids....I would love your insight!

jerseygirl07067
07-05-2006, 02:02 PM
DH and I are pretty sure we want to have a third child. I feel so lucky to have two healthy children, but I feel like I'm not "done" so to speak. Luckily I had two pretty easy pregnancies, with the exception of Julia coming 5 weeks early (she was fine), and some excessive Braxton Hicks with Sammy that put me on Procardia for a few weeks, but in my opinion, minor stuff.

Anyway, what is your life like with 3? I feel like some weeks right now can be pretty challenging, but overall I feel like it's getting easier, and am not looking forward to starting everything over again, if you know what I mean. How was the adjustment for you going from 2 to 3, compared to going from 1 to 2? .

I feel ready to go for it, but last week I had a dream (or maybe a nightmare, LOL!) that I had three kids running all over the place in different directions and then one fell in the pool, one fell off the swing and I couldn't keep up with all of them. I had a hard time falling back asleep after that! I know it was only a dream, but it spooked me. :)

I'm definitely leaning more toward "going for it", and I feel close to doing so, but I would love to hear insight, or helpful thoughts from other moms.

Marcy

Piglet
07-05-2006, 02:47 PM
We are "going for it" as you put it, LOL. Not that we are having any success yet, but that is another post/rant. There were a bunch of threads about this decision not too long ago and I read all of them and posted to a few as well, if you want to search. The way my husband and dear friend both put it - if you are even thinking of it, you might as well do it. In other words, the people that are done with 2 aren't having this discussion on a daily (hourly, minutely) basis. My DH also felt that while he would be happy with either 2 or 3, he figured that I would one day want a 3rd and we might as well get past the newborn, crazy, sleepless phase sooner rather than later (he's a smart guy, if I do say so myself).

I will say that I gave more decision to going from 2 to 3 than I did for any of my other pergnancies. I knew all along that I wanted 2 kids and 2 kids later, I didn't quite know what I wanted. The funny thing is that I was on the fence for a year before deciding to go for #3 and now that we are waiting for things to get going, so to speak, I can't wait to be pregnant. It is like it is the most natural step for our family now that we have made the decision.

One more parting thought which worked for me in my decision - imagine that you suddenly thought you might be pregnant with #3, what would you feel? Then imagine you realized you were just a bit late and you were not pregnant. What would you feel? I had a moment of clarity when I realized how excited I would be at the prospect of being pregnant with a 3rd and how sad I would be if that didn't happen. That is all it took to put me over the fence and directly into the 3 kids camp.

Good luck,

jerseygirl07067
07-06-2006, 02:43 PM
<<imagine that you suddenly thought you might be pregnant with #3, what would you feel? Then imagine you realized you were just a bit late and you were not pregnant. What would you feel? >>

That's an interesting point. I was very late with one of my cycles, about three weeks late, and was disappointed when I found out I wasn't pregnant. I took 4 tests, all negative. I think my cycle got messed up because Julia started waking up at night right around that time for a few weeks.

Thanks for your input Marina.:)

Marcy