PDA

View Full Version : Random Ebay/PayPal ?'s

bnme
07-07-2006, 07:03 AM
Hi

I am new to the ebay world and would like to do some buying to earn feedback in the hopes of starting to sell DS's outgrown clothes. I have been researching old threads here and on ebay but still have a few questions. Here they are :

-My DH has n ebay ID and Paypal account linked to one of our credit cards and main email address. The ebay user ID I set up is linked to different email account. Can I link it to his same PayPal account or should I create a new one? And can I have 2 PayPal accounts linked to same credit card?

-What format should a newbie use when selling? Do you recommend just getting the Value Pack and paying for additional pics? Or should I be using a template?

-Should I just use ebays photo hosting to start out with or are there other cheap and simple options? I really don’t understand this? I think it may be come clearer when I actually try to set up a listing but I am trying to prepare ahead.

-Is it a bad idea to just use USPS Priority mail to start? I think it would be easiest because I can get free boxes. How can I add packing supply costs if I use the Calculate Shipping option?

-ETA one more question. I want to make sure I use descriptions properly. Is there some sort of standard for what is 'excellent used cond' vs. 'good used cond' vs. 'gently worn'? How would you describe things with very light fabric pilling?

Thanks so much for any help. I am eager to start and I want to bid on some of the McDonalds Happy Meal 'Cars' toys. I only managed to get Sally (3 of them) and now they are on to a new toy :(

nfowife
07-07-2006, 12:32 PM
-yes you can link your ebay id to DH's paypal acct. But you cannot have 2 paypal accts. linked to the same CC.

-not sure about this one because I have only done a small amount of selling on ebay, usually bigger ticket items like strollers, concert tix, etc. Mostly I just searched for other listings (ongoing and completed) for the same items, and used their descriptions to help me write mine.

-I usually just upload the pics to ebay. On one occasion (selling a stroller) I just uploaded one good pic and in my description linked to my photobucket album with more pics, and that seemed to work fine as well.

-I think usps priority is a great way to send, plus if you send from home you get free delivery confirmation which buyers really like. You have the option to add in an extra fee (that the buyer will not see seperately) to the calculation for shipping.

-for light pilling I would probably say GUC, and add in the description that it is excellent condition, no stains, etc. but that there is some light wash wear/pilling. Just be honest and describe things as clearly as you can- how you would want them described if you were buying them, kwim? Better to err conservatively than get a negative feedback on an inexpensive shirt, kwim?