PDA

View Full Version : Mosquito Magnet?

calv
07-07-2006, 07:39 AM
who has one and what brand? Love, hate, thoughts on it? TIA! We're thinking of getting one and not quite sure which one to get.

ChefGirl
07-07-2006, 10:24 AM
I think we had one in our back yard. Is this the $500 unit for 1/2 acre or so? Anyway, we live in Texas, so pretty much everyone on the block has some sort of mosquito system. To be honest, we didn't find it very helpful. We just put in a mosquito system for our backyard a couple of months ago. They installed nozzels in our back yard and along our driveway/garage area. The system comes on twice or three times a day spraying.

HTH

kelly ann
07-07-2006, 10:28 AM
I would stay away from the Mosquito Magnet. We have been doing a lot of research and there are so many complaints about this product. I even asked a local dealer and they told me not to buy it since they are seeing so many being returned.

There are a few other options out there. We found another product that came with great reviews, but I can't remember the name of it. Let me ask DH and I will get back to you. We have not bought it yet, but I know the only place to buy it is online.

chlobo
07-07-2006, 12:23 PM
It's great when it works but can be unreliable.

Lucia
07-08-2006, 02:25 AM
Anyone have a suggestion for a system that works better and a good place to buy one?
Thanks for posting this!

dules
07-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Me too - the mosquitoes in my backyard last night looked like birds! I'd love to know what I can use - preferably non-scary chemical - to keep them down.

Best,
Mary

kelly ann
07-08-2006, 08:46 AM
Just getting back to you on what we are considering...the Megacatch.

http://www.megacatch.com/index.html

american_mama
07-08-2006, 11:08 AM
There have been other posts about Mosquite Magnet; here is the one I remember because I asked it, and two people liked the system. I have heard it works well initially, then often has problems. Sadly, I have not set ours up yet (hangs head in shame) although thankfully, it's only been necessary the last week or two.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=37&topic_id=236525&mesg_id=236525&listing_type=search

Lucia
07-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Does anyone own the megacatch mosquito system? Would love to get some feedback on it since it sounds better without the propane tank. Thanks!

calv
07-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to respond. :) We went w/the mosquit magnet. Got it at ebay and we're hoping we can get the $25 rebate they're offering right now. Worth a shot to get rid of those annoying mosquitos!!!!!!!!! It's the one thing I hate about the summer. :(

dules
07-09-2006, 02:11 PM
This looks great! Have you purchased it yet?

Best,
Mary

kelly ann
07-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Not yet. We were all set to buy it a few weeks ago, but then the mosquito problem in our back yard improved a little bit. In fact, we actually ate dinner outside on Friday night...we would have never considered this a month ago.