PDA

View Full Version : Labels for Preschool

Bearhut
07-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure where to post this so I apologize if it belongs somewhere else.

We just received the information from my child's preschool for Fall. This is our first school experience so we are very new (and clueless) at this. Included in the package was an order form for iron on labels for clothing, ect. What should I put on the label? Just the child's name or name and home phone number (or cell phone number so no one can do a reverse lookup and find out where we live)?

Thanks so much.....H

Edited to add: As I typed this, I also have on my desk "If I'm lost" cards and shoe tags that I'm filling out for a trip to the zoo. I guess I'm wondering if include my cell phone number on the label would help if she ever gets lost. Maybe I'm just panicking since she is starting school...

buddyleebaby
07-12-2006, 01:38 PM
I assume they probably just want the child's name, so there are no spare clothing mix-ups.

saschalicks
07-12-2006, 02:22 PM
I would say name too.

I like these so it gives you an idea of what is usually put on labels. https://www.stuckonyou.biz/usa/index.html

crl
07-12-2006, 05:47 PM
My guess is that the school just needs the child's name to keep track of the clothes.

However, I included my cell number on DS' labels in case he ever gets lost. Oh, and I put DS' last name only so no one can get his first name off the labels (even though they are inside the clothes) and so I can reuse the clothes with the same label for future kids. (And if your DC is potty-trained, my ex-cop husband says to put the labels on the outside of the underwear for the lost child scenario.)

I would include the cell number on the "If I'm lost" cards too, what can it hurt?

Bearhut
07-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Thank you all for your responses. Catherine, your suggestions are great. I never thought about last name only, I think I'll call the school tomorrow and see what they think of that. Maybe even just the first initial, last name, and cell phone number (no other DC's in our future).

Great idea too about the label on the outside of the underwear.