PDA

View Full Version : Need child oriented hostess gift for tomorrow!!!!

WooChx
07-14-2006, 10:55 AM
The family and I are attending a big b-day party for DH's friend tomorrow. Its at their beach house and they have requested no gifts. I was going to bring some food, but they are having the whole thing catered. The hostess did mention that it was ok for us to bring DC because there will be LOTS of kids there. So... I'm thinking that it might be nice to bring some sort fun things for kids of all ages to use at the beach.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!!

shilo
07-14-2006, 12:48 PM
i am not sure of the ages of the children, but what about some nice sand toys (pail, shovel, sifter, rake, etc.) or what about a kids version of a bird or fish id book (i think i've seen something like this at the discovery store?). another idea might be some of those really neat/big special shape bubble makers and some big bottles of super-bubble solution. another idea - especially if target still has them on clearance in their summer section - kids sized beach chairs and umbrella?

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

bubbaray
07-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Beach toys, lots of them, from the dollar store.... Water toys (inflatables) if the ages of the children are suitable.

Fruit juice popsicles for the kids? Catered events aren't usually kid friendly, so maybe some kid food....

Have fun!

Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

WooChx
07-14-2006, 01:00 PM
A huge jug of bubbles and wands might do the trick. I'm expecting there will be at LEAST 15 kids there.