PDA

View Full Version : Another name post, need ideas & input (especially from KBecks!)

mariza
07-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Looking for a boy name and so far Aleksander is at the top of my list (Kbecks, this is where you come in since I know you have an Alek) I just prefer the sound of Alek over Alex and the Aleksander spelling reflects my family's heritage. But when people ask what names we are considering and I say "Alek" it never fails, they say "Alex", it is beginning to drive me nuts and I can't imagine putting a toddler through that hassle.
Also the spelling is different and I just know he will go through life having to correct everything from college applications to his drivers license. Should I worry about it now?
Any other boy names that are classic sounding but not too common? His middle name will be Logan and last name has an "awww" sound.
I would love Logan as a first name, but it is DD's middle name and DH insists that all kids have Logan as middle name to start family tradition.
Only 5 weeks left till he arrives, need to come up with something soon!

candybomiller
07-15-2006, 10:22 AM
When people say "Alex," just spell it out for them. "No, his name is actually 'Alek' spelled A-L-E-K. We wanted something a little different."

Or just silently remind yourself that the world is going deaf from listening to music too loudly. ;)

Wife_and_mommy
07-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Yes, people sometimes call him but if it's a time/place to correct them, I do.

I was never called anything but until high school. By the time, I graduated I was *done* with ". Ever since, I intro myself asand correct if called otherwise. There are very few people I don't mind calling me but otherwise, I correct.

I know our situations are only slightly similar to yours but I think it all comes down to correcting at the earliest possible time and not waiting until 3 months later to say, "we prefer _____". In other words if a stranger calls me , I don't bother because I'll probably never see them again. Same for DS. I have found that *most* people ask before they assume a NN is used.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

american_mama
07-15-2006, 03:53 PM
You could always say "Alek like the actor Alec Baldwin." Although maybe poor Mr. Baldwin gets called Alex, I don't know. And the spellings are different even if the pronunciation is the same.

I think the one or three syllable names sound best with Logan as a middle name, although I am including other ideas. Nathaniel and Matthew are my favorites.

Sander
Zander
Leander (not great with Logan though)
Lowell (kind of a tongue twister with with Logan)
James
Aaron
Garrett
Benjamin
Abraham
Gregory
Jeffrey
Elijah, Eli, Elias
Nathaniel, Nate
Zachary
Matthew

And a slew of one syllable names because that's what I can think of: Curtis/Curt/Kurt, Dean, Kyle, Neil/Neal (although when you put it with Logan, it sounds a little like Nickelodean), Hugh, John, Jack, Jake, and I've petered out.

lizajane
07-15-2006, 11:01 PM
i really like:

tyler logan
christopher logan
or kristopher logan
matthew logan

or
jeffrey logan (dh is jeffrey, not jeff, so i am biased)
or geoffery logan
james logan
henry logan
robert logan
elijah logan
or elias logan
peter logan
jonathan logan
douglas logan
tucker logan
david logan
or davis logan
chase logan
maxwell logan
samuel logan (but i prefer sam)
edward logan
william logan
marshall logan

and my brain has closed for the night...

mariza
07-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Wow, thanks for all the ideas! I'll have to show this DH, he'll be happy to see Marshall on there. I veto'd Marshal a long time ago (it's a nice name, but if you knew our last name, you would understsand why i don't want to name our son it).
Keep the suggestions coming!

mariza
07-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Wow, thanks for all the ideas! I'll have to show this DH, he'll be happy to see Marshall on there. I veto'd Marshal a long time ago (it's a nice name, but if you knew our last name, you would understsand why i don't want to name our son it).
Keep the suggestions coming!