PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Question

elephantmeg
07-15-2006, 09:23 PM
My DS rolled over 4 times in 2 days when he was almost 4 months old. He hasn't rolled over since despite lots of tummy time, "showing him", etc. Is this something I should be worried about? It's just strange!

TIA

jgriffin
07-15-2006, 09:28 PM
BTDT! E rolled over when he was about 4mo. We didn't see it happen; I put him on his back in the PnP, when I came back a few minutes later he was on his tummy. I think he rolled over again within a few days. Then nothing for a couple of weeks. And then he started again, but kept at it (and now he likes to show me how he can roll over during diaper changes...lovely!)

Jen

elliput
07-15-2006, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't be worried. My DD was a sporatic roller at first, also.

EllasMum
07-15-2006, 11:29 PM
My DD did the same thing - rolled a couple times around the same age as your DS, then didn't roll again for about 3 months (?!) but then regularly rolled onto her stomach, but would get stuck there! She only finally figured out rolling from stomach to back about 2 months ago! Better late than never! Your DS will figure it out, too! :)

elephantmeg
07-16-2006, 12:45 PM
thanks for the reasurrance! The times he did roll he rolled back to front and now he rolls front to side and back to side but nothing else. Just stubborn I guess! Thanks again.

KrisM
07-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Yup, DS did that. He rolled exactly 5 times over the course of 2 days just before 5 months old. He only went back to front. He didn't roll again until just past 9 monhts old! Crazy. He sure seems fine :) and rolls a lot now (he's 2 years).