PDA

View Full Version : Update - they have been found! more prayers please!

firstbaby
07-17-2006, 06:35 AM
My friend's nephew's two cousins have been taken by their caregiver. They have been gone since Friday. The woman who took them called the police on Saturday and said she was going to turn herself in and the kids were okay but as of late last night, it still hadn't happened. This is so hard for the whole family and the children are very young - almost a year and two years old. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers and hope for a positive outcome to this horrible ordeal!

UPDATE: The children have been found by the police! I didn't want to put this in my original post but their caregiver is the grandfather's girlfriend making this story so unbelievable! Also, an undercover police officer had found her and been following her this weekend but then somehow lost her. So, we are all SOOO relieved this is over and the kids are okay!

punkrockmama
07-17-2006, 07:21 AM
Holy crap! That's really terrible and scary. I'm SO sorry that your friend's family has been touched by this crazy woman.

I really hope that the children are safely returned either by her or the police soon, and that lady is thrown in jail!

purpleeyes
07-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Did they release an Amber Alert last night? I heard it when I was watching tv and I was thinking about them all night! I just heard on the news that they are safe this morning.
I hope this was your friend's family!

With thoughts and prayers,
Beth

punkrockmama
07-17-2006, 07:42 AM
AWESOME!!! So glad to hear that.

cmdunn1972
07-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Somehow, I missed your OP, but I'm glad the kids are okay. That must've been a scary ordeal for both them and their parents!

It seems odd that a woman with that relationship with the children woud abduct them like that. Is she mentally ill or something? She obviously needs help!

octmom
07-17-2006, 08:04 AM
Whew! I am so glad they were found and are safe. Are these the kids who were taken in Madison, VA? I saw the Amber Alert on television last night and looked at the local news web site. The children are adorable. The little girl has beautiful eyes.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

starrynight
07-17-2006, 11:19 AM
I missed this the first time around, so glad to hear they are ok!!

Dcclerk
07-18-2006, 01:32 AM
What a huge relief. I cannot imagine the nightmare that this must have been :(

hez
07-18-2006, 06:15 AM
I'm glad to hear a positive resolution to this. Hugs.